Question of the day

Caldy999

Ha ha - just returned a phone call to a Scouser so I cheekily asked him the question. Once he stopped laughing at why I wanted to know, he provided me with the answer.............trainers! Is that considered cheating or being enterprising?

JonW

Ha ha - just returned a phone call to a Scouser so I cheekily asked him the question. Once he stopped laughing at why I wanted to know, he provided me with the answer.............trainers! Is that considered cheating or being enterprising?

We have a winner... and in an enterprising way every scouser would admire!

safrane

I had the real thing for ten years... yes nice accent (the best ones she ever came out with was Dandelion spoken dan dilly ons or Thatched Cottage fathered cottage.... but it was not worth the effort in the long run.

Navcorr

I had the real thing for ten years... yes nice accent (the best ones she ever came out with was Dandelion spoken dan dilly ons or Thatched Cottage fathered cottage.... but it was not worth the effort in the long run.

Dan dilly ons - I love that! Shame it didn't work out. Was very close to moving to France permanently a few years back - met a rather lovely French/Tunisian lady. Absolutely gorgeous too so God knows what she saw in me - Tiger Woods I ain't :) Problem was she planned on moving back to Tunisa - which was less appealing.

Caldy999

I must admit that I'd never heard that before.

However, any Inspector Morse buffs reading this? In what episode did Colin Dexter utter his first cameo role words and what were they?

Navcorr

I must admit that I'd never heard that before.

However, any Inspector Morse buffs reading this? In what episode did Colin Dexter utter his first cameo role words and what were they?

Not a Morse man me - I know it was good but couldn't get Jack Regan from mind :)
Foyle on the other is my cup of tea.

Caldy999

Well this isn't generating any interest so I'd better reveal half of the answer - the episode was 'Deadly Slumber' first aired in 1993 in which he played the part of the College porter.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
OK, I'm just going to leap in here and **** the consequences :

Which is the smallest police force in the UK?

Navcorr

Well this isn't generating any interest so I'd better reveal half of the answer - the episode was 'Deadly Slumber' first aired in 1993 in which he played the part of the College porter.

Ooh - a clue. Sadly of no use to me though. About my only regular watch at the time was Lovejoy
The aforementioned Michael Kitchen turned up in one episode - knocking around with Lovejoy's daughter.
Brave man! Played the part of the "older man" just right. As you said a super actor.

MarkMas

Chief pedant

Oh, sorry, I didn't read this properly, and thought you were revealing ALL of the answer. Anyway, no harm in having a couple of questions running symultaniouly I suppose.

Caldy999

OK - put mine to bed and I'll try and post something more guessable in future.

The answer is 'Mr Brewster'.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
OK - put mine to bed and I'll try and post something more guessable in future.'.

That is indeed my idea of the ideal question ; where many people feel they might be able to guess the answer, but the actual answer is something more surprising, yet also sort of obvious once you hear it!