Question of the day

zagatoes30

Ok the original question was, OK, staying on music what links the following bands?

Ace of Base, Bauhaus, Devo, Japan and Split Enz

So here are some other bands that have the same link

Radiohead, Nickelback, Elbow and The Undertones

zagatoes30

What about the Everley's or the Kinks - more my era?

Both were in my list but I didn't want to make it too easy too soon.

I have a long list as I have been preparing my music playlist for Le Mans. My co-driver and I always create these playlists based on a pre agreed set of rules, this year we have to put together 2 lists

20 songs where the next track title starts with the end letter of the previous track title and the 20th track must loop back to the first There also must be an additional link between the songs which in this case is bands with siblings.

The bands in the list are as follows Ace of Base, Beach Boys, Sparks, Radiohead, INXS, Kings of Leon, DeBarge, Spandau Ballet, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bee Gees, The Darkness, Dire Straits, Japan, Elbow, UB40, Nickelback, ACDC, Jonas Brothers, Kinks, Buffy Clyro

20 songs where the next track Artist starts with the end letter of the previous track Artist and the 20th track must loop back to the first. There also must be an additional link between the songs which in this case I suspect will be contain some non English lyrics

allandwf

Keeping Brothers as a link. The UK had a car company founded by two brothers, ( and a partner.) Name that company.

Andyk

Herbert Austin designed the first all British car that was then backed by the Vickers brothers and founded Wolseley Motors.....This later became BMC.

Andyk

I only know as I had an interview last week Wolseley who are a trade plumbing company and when searching up info on them it’s the same Wolseley who made cars in 1902

JonW

Both were in my list but I didn't want to make it too easy too soon.

I have a long list as I have been preparing my music playlist for Le Mans. My co-driver and I always create these playlists based on a pre agreed set of rules, this year we have to put together 2 lists

20 songs where the next track title starts with the end letter of the previous track title and the 20th track must loop back to the first There also must be an additional link between the songs which in this case is bands with siblings.

The bands in the list are as follows Ace of Base, Beach Boys, Sparks, Radiohead, INXS, Kings of Leon, DeBarge, Spandau Ballet, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bee Gees, The Darkness, Dire Straits, Japan, Elbow, UB40, Nickelback, ACDC, Jonas Brothers, Kinks, Buffy Clyro

20 songs where the next track Artist starts with the end letter of the previous track Artist and the 20th track must loop back to the first. There also must be an additional link between the songs which in this case I suspect will be contain some non English lyrics

I can’t decide whether I admire this dedication to your Le Mans playlists and want to copy it, or whether to urge you to get a life???!!!

zagatoes30

I can’t decide whether I admire this dedication to your Le Mans playlists and want to copy it, or whether to urge you to get a life???!!!

Probably a bit of both, it has become a common theme and it does mean you search out lots of new music. It started relatively simple, best 60s, best 70s and best 80s album but each year it had got a bit more difficult. Some of the rules we have had are :

Cover versions where the cover is better than the original
Songs by Artists starting with each letter of the Alphabet
Songs with cars in the title for each letter of the Alphabet
Songs by Artists who have had a top 20 hit in 3 different decades
Songs by Artists who have never had a home Number 1 but have in other countries

The list goes on but we nearly always have a hidden link or chain that we try to guess whilst listening to the others list