Question of the day

spkennyuk

It ia indeed Charles who is a member of the magic circle. The trick performed was the cup and balls.

Zag and JonW were first up with the correct answers. One of you set the next question.

JonW

It ia indeed Charles who is a member of the magic circle. The trick performed was the cup and balls.

Zag and JonW were first up with the correct answers. One of you set the next question.

I'll leave it for Zag - he was first to name Charles, I just got the bonus points...

zagatoes30

OK another of the ones I like

What links McDonalds first restaurant, The Rolling Stones, The Grapes of Wrath & Dwight Eisenhower?

midlifecrisis

Grapes of Wrath is John Steinbeck not Hemingway. But at a guess Route 66 as the 'okies' use the road to get to California and it passes the first maccyDs. did the stones cover the song or have a reference to it in a lyric. Dwight Eisenhower expanded the US road network effectively making it obsolete.

zagatoes30

Grapes of Wrath is John Steinbeck not Hemingway. But at a guess Route 66 as the 'okies' use the road to get to California and it passes the first maccyDs. did the stones cover the song or have a reference to it in a lyric. Dwight Eisenhower expanded the US road network effectively making it obsolete.

Correct the link is Route 66, The first MaccyDs was in San Bernardino on R66, The Stones covered Get your Kicks on Route 66, Steinbeck called R66 the Mother Road in the Grapes of Wrath and Eisenhower did expand the Interstates which effectively killed R66 as the main thoroughfare West.

Over to MLC

midlifecrisis

And watching endless Documentaries on the History channel gets you nowhere...

OK in a similar vein, what connects Maserati, MG and First Lieutenant Laird Woodruff Hendricks.

Navcorr

Dammit! Too Easy...

Your go, old boy!

Only because:
a. Sebring Blu is by far my favourite Maserati colour.
b. Have friends in Orlando and have driven past the airfield.

As per Catman previously - only easy if you know. Good question though.

Hopefully a straight forward one. Dr Miyoshi Okamoto holds many patents. Following rebranding in Italy which of his products gained popularity with, amongst other sectors, motorists? Original and rebranded product names please.