Question of the day

spkennyuk

Mid 70's sometime. Although im not sure which was first. The cell phone as we know it or the Rabbit location based mobile service that was mainly Manchester based.

zagatoes30

Mid 70's sometime. Although im not sure which was first. The cell phone as we know it or the Rabbit location based mobile service that was mainly Manchester based.

Dependent on your definition of "mid" you in the right area but not the Rabbit - so Brucie would say Lower

spkennyuk

They still have the rabbit signs outside some shops in and around Manchester. The upside down R as the logo. Showing my age now ! Lol

zagatoes30

OK time to call this to a close, the answer I was looking for was 1973. Martin Cooper of Motorola made a call on a cellular network from a portable hand held device to his competitor in Bell laboratories a bit of one up man ship.

The nearest answer came fro spkennyuk with mid 70's sometime, so over to you ;)

Last edited:

GeoffCapes

This is easy. Only as it's one of the facts that comes up between the games on Battlefield 1, he was an ambulance driver.

Well right , it is easy if you know.
He was indeed an ambulance driver and was badly wounded for his trouble.
Well done, over to you

GeoffCapes

When was the last time that a Bugatti raced in the Le Mans 24 Hour race?

And I will be strict on the year. None of this ranges malarky.

zagatoes30

The awesome EB110SS, 1994 the year Porsche cheated, they did try to enter again in 1996 but only made it through pre-quali but not the race

Last edited:

zagatoes30

Ok what have Maserati done that no other Italian car manufacturer have?

To avoid lots or answers this is a motor sport related question

Wanderer

I’m so confident I’m right with no actual knowledge I’m preparing the next QOTD....

I’ve got one on canals.....