Question of the day

zagatoes30

Correct.. Or more specifically, none from WW1. There are 34 in England and Wales in total, and a mere handful of 'Doubly Thankful' villages, with no losses from either WW1 or WW2.

There are none in Scotland or Ireland, and just one in France.

Phil's turn....

I am surprised I didn't know that. I like this thread already, fun and education a bit like school should be :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Ok my turn, one I've wondered!

Can blind people see their dreams?

I guess there is no answer to that so will ask this one.

There are three English words ending in "-gry". Two are "angry" and "hungry". What is the third one?

Spartacus

There are three English words ending in "-gry". Two are "angry" and "hungry". What is the third one?

Is it "MUNGRY" ?

as in " I ' Mungry , get me some chips ?"

zagatoes30

Is this not a puzzle without and agreed answer? I seem to remember hearing this before and there were a number of answers depending on the way the question was posed. Racking my old grey nugget for examples but can't pull out any more info at the moment - need some beer to lubricate the cogs

davy83

i have seen this before and i think you have put the question wrong, I think the answer is the word "language" and you are supposed to phrase the question in a clever and irritating way so this is the correct answer. Like in the English language what do these words have in common, or some thing.

VMSRTI

There are no others so it is a trick question but I cant work out the answer - and it's p***ing me off:)

Contigo

Sponsor
There are no others so it is a trick question but I cant work out the answer - and it's p***ing me off:)

Correct there are no other words ending in "gry" other than "hungry" and "angry"

VMS over to you mate!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Assuming you are correct Drew, here's one; which England captain was playing 4th division football at the time of his captaincy? No Googling!