Question of the day

rockits

It's a small world.

It tortured me for 5 days the 1st time & 3 days the 2nd! Still pops into my head sometimes 20 & 26 years later!

zagatoes30

It's a small world.

It tortured me for 5 days the 1st time & 3 days the 2nd! Still pops into my head sometimes 20 & 26 years later!

We have a winner, although you all didn't half drag it out. Reputed to have been played close to 50 million times, a bit more than You've got that loving feeling at 8 million and Yesterday at 7.5 Million

Dean your turn

spkennyuk

Well I can say until I googled it I had never heard it!!! Wish I hadn't now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by rockits View Post
It's a small world.

And now its going to be going round and round in your head for days again ! :battered:

rockits

It is a very very annoying song....be prepared when you take the kids. I can see another hit coming soon for me in the next few years when I take my kids! Awesome !!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Didn't really notice that chintzy lift music when I 'did' the parks. Bit cr4p I thought, having just heard it.

spkennyuk

Didn't really notice that chintzy lift music when I 'did' the parks. Bit cr4p I thought, having just heard it.

Its played all the way through the boat ride that goes through representations of the different countries. Its in fantasy land at Magic Kingdom Florida. I think they play it during the light show at night as well. Its better to skip it and head for splash mountain. More fun if your over 4 years old. I was there this year and still didnt twig until somebody said theme parks.

spkennyuk

Spider silk?

C

Thats what i thought. Unless there has been a new find in the last year or so. Carbon fibre is only just about a match for strength as spider silk. I wouldn't fancy a car made of spider silk though. Flies would be sticking everywhere.

midlifecrisis

That's easy, its the teeth of limpet/mussel. A university did a study on how that grip on to rocks. They found that they bite into the rocks using their teeth.

rockits

Carbon fibre is indeed very strong but a man made material so not found on mother Earth as a naturally occurring biological material. I believe Graphene is another man made material developed recently that is even stronger than carbon fibre & Kevlar.

midlifecrisis

Do you want the name of the substance?
It was recently discovered that the enamel on the teeth of limpet but I can remember was that was called.It's a calcium based substance

rockits

That's easy, its the teeth of limpet/mussel. A university did a study on how that grip on to rocks. They found that they bite into the rocks using their teeth.

We have a winner! Wasn't sure if this one would go for a while & everyone think spider silk or some smart alec managed to catch a recent article somewhere......obviously the later!

The limpet teeth contain a material called Geothite which is so thin & fine that it has less weekness in it compared to larger fibres. They are 1/100th the diameter of a human hair and five times stronger than the average spider silks.

Over to you......

midlifecrisis

Saw a story about it on the local news as the students studied limpets in Dorset.

Ok simple one, which is the biggest selling 12" single of all time?