Question of the day

StuartW

Very impressive Zag - Ok, I'll have a stab

Which soon to become world famous artist worked for 9 months at Goodwood House for the 3rd Duke of Richmond?

StuartW

Sorry, I realise my wording was misleading. It is not a current artist but when at Goodwood, he was not world famous - he was later to become famous - I hope this all makes sense!

midlifecrisis

OK the link is DUBLIN

Blackpool - Dublin or Dubh Linn is derived from the Old Irish Gaelic, which has its literal meaning "Black Pool".
Sugarloaf - Sugarloaf is the tallest 'Dublin Mountain' yet measures a mere 423.3 meters above sea level.
the Messiah - Handel's classic "Messiah" was premiered for the first time in 1742 in Dublin
Dracula & Bram Stoker - Bram Stoker the creator of Dracula hails from Dublin
St Valentine - Saint Valentine was martyred in Rome on February 28th eighteen centuries ago His remains are in a cask in White Friar Street Church, Dublin. He is no longer recognised as a Saint by the Vatican.
Oscar Wilde - As with Bram Stoker, Oscar Wilde hails from Dublin
"Chancing Your Arm"? - meaning taking a chance. It originates from the famous St. Patricks Cathedral Dublin, where you had to put your hand into a hole to open the Medieval Chapter House door.

Someone else best set the next question
I'm sure that was a QI question...

StuartW

Sorry once more if I am not making any sense

I was trying to say who worked at Goodwood for the 3rd Duke of Richmond and who would later to go on to become a world famous artist? To be clear, the 3rd Duke of Richmond was Charles Lennox and lived from 1735 - 1806 and the artist in question was not known as such when he worked at Goodwood

zagatoes30

I was trying to say who worked at Goodwood for the 3rd Duke of Richmond and who would later to go on to become a world famous artist? To be clear, the 3rd Duke of Richmond was Charles Lennox and lived from 1735 - 1806 and the artist in question was not known as such when he worked at Goodwood

That helps we are now looking for a dead artist ?

StuartW

I was guessing someone like George Stubbs as he was around in that period

Yes, you've got it - he worked as a stable boy and studied the horses there where he began with anatomical drawings of their structures before moving on to the equine paintings that he became famous for.

Over to you

zagatoes30

Yes, you've got it - he worked as a stable boy and studied the horses there where he began with anatomical drawings of their structures before moving on to the equine paintings that he became famous for.

Over to you

Feck, how did that happen I didn't understand the question and still guessed right :rofl5:

Bilko

Whoa,just thought Id check the thread and this is out of my league....:) .........how about I lower the standard slightly?
Trumptons firemen ..and yes they are now firefighters :) ......names please and remember to sing it!!