Question of the day

G

Guest 1678

I know this one as my daughter has dragged us there many times and was Disney World mad. It's about 44 square miles. The size of San Francisco apparently.

Spot on. Only 35% of it is developed. Cost $5m - $185 per acre.

All yours

MrCoop

Seeing as I'm in Rome, I'll ask a Rome based question.

What is the actual name of the Colosseum and why did it end up being referred to as the Colosseum?

hodroyd

I remember this from when I met the Pope, Dave is close but I think it was a Ceasars name, Fulvious, or Flavious Amphitheatre..!! There used to be a massive statue by the colloseum, gone now, but it is thought that is where the collosus type name came from but not certain..??

hodroyd

Don't all get excited, it was one day in rome and I was asked by a Nun, or somebody if I would like an audience with the Pope, I said yes and I went along to find another 499 people were asked too, so I told him that was a bit naff, I thought I was special and he said you are my son..!! I said now come on then Dad, why are all these other folk here at the same time, he said safety in numbers, I said you cheeky parson and left..!!

MrCoop

I remember this from when I met the Pope, Dave is close but I think it was a Ceasars name, Fulvious, or Flavious Amphitheatre..!! There used to be a massive statue by the colloseum, gone now, but it is thought that is where the collosus type name came from but not certain..??

You're close enough mate. Your go!

hodroyd

YIIPPPEEE..!!
OK don't get your brain hurting, here goes:
An aircraft achieved a record speed of 4,520 mph / Mach 6.70 and achieved a record height of 108,000 metres. What was the name of the aircraft and what years were these records achieved, approximately..??
Best Of Luck..!!

Last edited:
Ok
I will start the guesses off
Firstly not sure if it is the same plane for both records?
For height I was going to suggest one of those spy planes U2 (or is that a band)?
Cannot believe it holds the speed record though
Secondly that gadgey that did the highest jump a few months back - he must have got up there somehow??
Off to the pub now so no more stupid suggestions from me!!

hodroyd

Hahahaha, no not quite mate, try again and I think that sky diver went up in some sort of balloon thingy..!!

No not the space shuttle..!!

hodroyd

Well that did not take long, somebody scanning the net curtains for that one...well done mate, it's your go..!!;)

hodroyd

Your not trying to tell everybody you were a kid in the 60's mate, now come on, some of us have seen you ya know..!!:conf4: