Timimg belt ?

Ryandoc

Folks,

Apologies in advance I'm in overdrive mode as I'm just put a deposit down on a 2009 4.7 MC shift.

What can you tell e about timing belts on these please? How often, years /mileage? And how much?

Thanks in advance

Ryandoc

Are these chains?? Could have sworn I read about belts somewhere, my bad lol

One less thing to worry about, bonus !!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Big bonus no timing belt to change every 3 or 4 years.
Used to grate me with my Elise, changed the belt twice in 8 years of ownership but did only 10k miles over the period.

TridentTested

Big bonus no timing belt to change every 3 or 4 years.
Used to grate me with my Elise, changed the belt twice in 8 years of ownership but did only 10k miles over the period.

Annoying on my Ducati too for that reason. Workshop manual says every two years, and there are two belts. A bit of a pain on a bike with such low mileage.

Needamaser

Annoying on my Ducati too for that reason. Workshop manual says every two years, and there are two belts. A bit of a pain on a bike with such low mileage.
Not heard of any belts snapping on a Duc since they went to Kevlar.
It is the "fear" factor that you may be the exception.........

Needamaser

Major failure on old Duc belts was from sitting unused for long periods of time and the belt developed a memory and weakened where they sat on the pulleys.
I have a wee Morini that has done 100 miles in the last 5 years and belt looks as good as new but I have bought a new Kevlar belt to fit to it. Advantage is it was a fraction of the price of 2 belts for the Duc.
Was tempted tp risk the old belt but I chickened out!