GT or GS - At this money??

Parptoot

For me, it'd be the GT. Purely on looks, I'm completely aware of the comments of those that have gone from 4200/GS to GT and back again. It's just the best looking car on the planet for me and that wins.

Have you really not found a car yet?
I seem to remember you looking when I was, about 10 months ago.
Wow, I really would have jumped in by now, there are so many good'uns available at the mo, what's keeping you from making the leap?

Steve GS

Give me the gs. And the 3200 or 4200. I just love these cars. I'd have one of each variant if I could.

D Walker

For me, it'd be the GT. Purely on looks, I'm completely aware of the comments of those that have gone from 4200/GS to GT and back again. It's just the best looking car on the planed for me and that wins.

Have you really not found a car yet?
I seem to remember you looking when I was, about 10 months ago.
Wow, I really would have jumped in by now, there are so many good'uns available at the mo, what's keeping you from making the leap?

Lol- I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure,
A combination of factors really, the wobbly oil and gas sector ( self employed ), family bereavement, kids at university, recently changed jobs (back to Petro chemical) little less than a month ago, concentrating on my pilots licence and the never ending moving target of the car prices as demonstrated at the start of the thread. And I have been beaten to a couple "You know who you are" lol-that is in jest!!! And I am picky, I know what I like and what I don't and I want to ensure I get a car that grabs me - not one that just fits the bill(if that makes sense)

Some people say supply v demand but there seems to be a very slow demand for late 20's/30k GS, and GT's seem to be falling close to that bracket and there are more getting there with ever decreasing mileages.
I don't have 30k to spend on a car but thought I would make the comparison.

Andyk

GS will hold it's value is more the sports car.....GT looks amazing but is a totally different drive.....

jayblue

The 4.2 GT lacks the punch of the GS because of its weight so if you are buying to drive enthusiastically i'd have the GS. The GT interior is better though and its a little softer so maybe easier to live with day to day.

bigbob

IMO, no contest here, GT but at that price I wonder if its had a good life.

If it was £5k more at a dealer would most presume a better history?

The comparison here is private to dealer which does not help but miles explain most of the difference.

The cars have little in common apart from the badge and the engine. I could not live with the CC box and the 4.2 GT does not drive manually, hence the reason I have what I have but there are plenty of Maseratis' out there to suit us all.

Contigo

Sponsor
Probably the GT mainly because when I sell one of the 3200's I want to try another maser and the GS just isn't a big enough change in shape etc whereas the GT looks more the supercar and more modern. I am waiting for them to drop into current GS territory over the next year or two then I can pounce.

safrane

Same here Phil...looking to swap the GS for a GT...for me, (and I know everyone is different) I want a nice touring car to take down to the South of France in swift comfort and that holds lots in the boot.

An auto is no hardship to me as is a slightly heavier car...I drive the car not race it...would also prefer a softer ride due to the poor state of all roads nowadays.

Classico

Faced this very decision just two months ago.

GT by knockout in the 1st Round for me.

Unless you're comparing the cars based purely on 0-100.

For me, it was all about less costly maintenance, being quick enough and the supermodel looks compared to the GS.

Interesting price comparison.

Here in OZ, Gransports are a good $30,000 to $40,000 cheaper than the least expensive GranTurismo.