Most unique Maserati?

Almichie

Waits to be shot down....

I love it! I really love 70's and 80's car staying, and the worse it is for everyone else the better it seems to be for me...

No accounting for taste I suppose

Phil H

The designer left his pencil case at home that day , all he had to design it with was a ruler he found in his drawer . ha

... he did thesteering wheel with his plate from lunch

If you think of it in the context of 70's design it's not that outlandish. Boxy luxo-barges came from Maserati, Monteverdi, De Tomaso, AM, and Fiat to name but a few, and the electronic dash was probably jumping on the bandwagon of the day. Some beautiful designs were also produced during that period, but for speed not for comfort.

Now I'm feeling my age.

PH

PS Spartacus; the man with the ruler apparently progressed to Austin Allegro steering wheels.

BJL

I think it belongs to a prominent member of the UK Maserati Club. I met him at Silverstone a couple of years ago where he was showing it. He told me then it was his banker and would be worth many hundreds of thousands soon. I thought he may have been right.............about the hundreds.

LDM 3200

The qp doesn't do it for me either it just looks wrong, the Lagonda on the other hand looks fantastic.

I wonder if anyone will be trying to fit the rear pillars to there car?

Arfa

"ooh that really floats my boat, perhaps in a darker colour. Always reminded be of the pink panther car. What was that?
Similar to the QP in that its got a long bonnet four doors and a small boot. Just how I used to draw cars when I was a kid. (also with lots of exhaust pipes). Can't have too many exhaust pipes...
However the QPV is luscious"

Well Ebenezer here is proof that you can have too many exhaust pipes!!

536264_420686177946832_136567655_n.jpg[

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
On a Vulva, who would have thought? Btw, they call them Vulvas because they are (usually) driven by c*nts. This example doesn't disprove that theory.

BJL

On a Vulva, who would have thought? Btw, they call them Vulvas because they are (usually) driven by c*nts. This example doesn't disprove that theory.

Why do you think these particular c..ts always turn into speed enforcement cu..s when you come up behind them?

Emtee

I think it belongs to a prominent member of the UK Maserati Club. I met him at Silverstone a couple of years ago where he was showing it. He told me then it was his banker and would be worth many hundreds of thousands soon. I thought he may have been right.............about the hundreds.

That's correct. It belongs to Edwin Faulkner. I think he's had it a few years now. Previously it was in France IIRC. It's certainly an impressive thing in the flesh and in fabulous nick. On rarity value it should command a high price, however the audience is very small. I'd only see it going to a real Trident aficionado / collector. I wish him luck with the sale.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Why do you think these particular c..ts always turn into speed enforcement cu..s when you come up behind them?

Ah, you've noticed that as well! 'I'm doing 59mph and you will too' seems to be the way they roll. They also have an age-old reputation for pulling out in front of motorbikes.

Ebenezer

"ooh that really floats my boat, perhaps in a darker colour. Always reminded be of the pink panther car. What was that?
Similar to the QP in that its got a long bonnet four doors and a small boot. Just how I used to draw cars when I was a kid. (also with lots of exhaust pipes). Can't have too many exhaust pipes...
However the QPV is luscious"

Well Ebenezer here is proof that you can have too many exhaust pipes!!

OK so they weren't arranged very artisticlaly, but perhaps 5 each side a la Car 9 Turbo Terrific driven by Peter Perfect. Or on a Duesenberg

1935-duesenberg-sold-for-4510000-photo-gallery_20.jpg

But yes perhaps overdone - but this guy obviously was inspired

Too-Many-Exhausts-655x409.jpg

But this is more tasteful

3292423569_9e19aae211.jpg

View attachment 27836[

Anyone got a pic of the fabled 12 exhuasted lagonda?