Ghibli on track

Andyk

Thanks for sharing...Next time I will def get along to watch....Malc was telling me that the Ghibli now has had the auto replaced with a manual box. Must feel much better around track.

Ewan

I'm struggling to work out which Cup this is. Of the 25 UK RHD cars, 7 were red. Two had cream interiors (and one of which was written-off). So the car in the videos is one of the 5 that had black interiors. But which one is it? Hard to tell. Do you know the owner or the number plate?

chad5k1

Long time no hear mate how are you?

Good thanks, new job, new house, what feels like a new Ghibli and a lot less money now as a result!
Why oh why, every time I go to a track day I'm plotting the next change - I should just stop going!
How are you?

chad5k1

Thanks for sharing...Next time I will def get along to watch....Malc was telling me that the Ghibli now has had the auto replaced with a manual box. Must feel much better around track.

Andy, it will be the 8th and 16th April, then off to Spa :)

chad5k1

I'm struggling to work out which Cup this is. Of the 25 UK RHD cars, 7 were red. Two had cream interiors (and one of which was written-off). So the car in the videos is one of the 5 that had black interiors. But which one is it? Hard to tell. Do you know the owner or the number plate?

I know the owner. It was the original press car I believe with the number plate TOY 123

Nick T

Hi All,
don't visit here often but Rich poiinted me in the direction of this thread.
That's my Ghibli trying (and failing) to keep up with Rich's.

Yes it the ex press demo car "TOY123" so it's about time it had some more track time and photos/videos.

Hope you enjoyed.....I did but my brakes didn't!

Nick

Andyk

Hi Nick.....Keeping up or not that is a great look Ghibli....A red Ghibli Cup....I yearned for one of these when they came out. Used to read Harry Metcalfs experiences with his is PErformance Car and then EVO over and over again.....Lovely car.

Rich, how long are you over at Coombe.....?..Will def try and get over.

chad5k1

Hi Nick.....Keeping up or not that is a great look Ghibli....A red Ghibli Cup....I yearned for one of these when they came out. Used to read Harry Metcalfs experiences with his is PErformance Car and then EVO over and over again.....Lovely car.

Rich, how long are you over at Coombe.....?..Will def try and get over.

Probably 08:00 until 16:00 ish on both occasions,. I think the first Alfa's and the second is mainly ex racing drivers, so should be interesting trying to keep up!

Ewan

Hi Nick - is your Cup chassis number 400176? With the reg starting P684? I think it must be, as that's the only Cup I have no owner details for (until now).

If so I'll add you to the list (if that's okay). I can also put you on the private email list of Cup owners so you can keep in touch (if you want to, that is).

del mar

I like video 4, Rich goes past and you expect Nick to follow but there is this long gap...............................

Rich - tyres aside is your car still road legal ?

Del

chad5k1

Everything is road legal Del - it get's driven to and from the track and will be going for MOT in a couple of weeks - but you really need ear defenders for a long Journey. Driving to Spa in a few months is going to be err...interesting!
To be honest it would be a lot easier to have a trailer, but the expense and storage involved for a few days a year is difficult to justify. Plus the car sucks up money that we would otherwise put aside for that.