Lamborghini Huracan

azapa

I know this comment is going to sound really boring, and will doubtlessly be ignored.
However unless you have easy access to racetrack or live near a German Autobahn, what's the point!!??
Although as Supercars go, the Huracan does look great.

That's a fair comment and one that's constantly wrestled with on the interweb and in pubs across the world. I promise though, just dropping a kid off at the cinema is fun in a nutter 500Hp plus exotica machine. Highways are just a bonus.

Contigo

Sponsor
The thing is the Strad is fine it's the right amount quick enough but the Huracan like the 458 makes it feel pretty pedestrian. I would still like to have that sort of power on tap though!

azapa

the 458 is a pig to drive slow, all the others I have tried (Maca 570, 650, F488, 430, 360, Lambo hurucan) are a doddle. I almost like the 458 more for that reason :)

iainw

I think it's all a matter of perspective

As a proper drivers car the current 911 Turbo S is a phenomenal piece of kit, and when driven ******* twisty roads would give you loads and loads of smiles per miles. A good friend of mine has one and it is awesome.

However, pootling around town or nipping to the shops in it is like driving any other Germanic car, very efficient, perfectly nice, but not much to get your heart racing.

I've never been in a Lamborghini, but I suspect it has way more drama and theatre to it, and would probably get left behind a Porsche if the Porsche driver was pushing on...

If I had £150k for a weekend toy, and didn't need to have 4 seats, I would have fun deciding!...

Agree Jon- first world problems. 3 amazing cars

iainw

That's a fair comment and one that's constantly wrestled with on the interweb and in pubs across the world. I promise though, just dropping a kid off at the cinema is fun in a nutter 500Hp plus exotica machine. Highways are just a bonus.

School runs and to and from work is about all I have time for these days- so it's got to be in something fun

azapa

School runs and to and from work is about all I have time for these days- so it's got to be in something fun

Just went to pick up sons birthday cake in the Stradale. city traffic. A few open moments. Race mode. Total fun!

hoyin

I don't like the look of it :(
Back seats still look tight, rag top and 60hp less than a Cali T.
Maybe when I am 60 I will scratch the Aston itch. It's under control at the moment!
Anyone who has had a child seat safely in the passenger seat of a 2 seater would appreciate your experience.
Thanks.

Why do you need isofix? It has a seatbelt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iainw

Why do you need isofix? It has a seatbelt.

Added security. Do any child seats fit it? I have heard it's difficult to get them between the bolsters - especially in the carbon race seats

hoyin

Added security. Do any child seats fit it? I have heard it's difficult to get them between the bolsters - especially in the carbon race seats

Is isofix that much better than a seatbelt? Both my kids are secured in their seats with a seatbelt......

I think Recaros fit. I need to get one soon for my bucket seats.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Been through all the child seat/booster seat and now out the other side.
Isofix is certainly more convenient when moving seats from car to car.
A properly installed seat using the seatbelt I feel is just as secure though, you just need to get it tight.
I used to put my knee into the child seat and while pushing the child seat into the car seat, pull the car seat belt tight and lock it off before removing my knee.

iainw

Is isofix that much better than a seatbelt? Both my kids are secured in their seats with a seatbelt......

I think Recaros fit. I need to get one soon for my bucket seats.

Let me know if it does. I think the isofix's are much safer. It's just an additional attachment site in addition to the belt.