Lo cost 4200 face lift9

Andyk

Had the heads up on this one.....Is it over priced ?... miles are high.....needs work.....What's a low miles facelift 4200 18 to 22k maybe....Really hard to price this one.....

safrane

Given what Spartacs paid and others on ebay for 15k...its about 1.5 to 2 k over...not prepped or warrantied.

Andyk

Yes Pete.....you have a point......Maybe the wrong side of 10k then....Not sure....

outrun

Yes too expensive. Clutch, service, tyres, wheel return, bumper paint all required and that's before you find out what else it needs. That's £5k for starters. Then you have a 91,000 mile nice car. Which is maybe a £13.5k car.

Not worth more than 8-9k unless you can do the work yourself. Which for paid etc, you can't.

Why bother?

MAF260

Alistair mentioned the car to me a couple of weeks ago. It's a part-ex and is uneconomical for them to put everything right and retail. They've been very honest about the car and said it could be a decent project for somebody willing to put the effort in to bring it up to standard. I'm sure they'd be prepared to consider offers.

Andyk

Until you see the car it is hard to comment...As Mark has said AListair has been honest and I' sure a deal can be done......

safrane

Sold my first 4200 for just a tad more in 2011 and at that time is was a year younger and 20k less miles. Also fully serviced at emblem and unmarked...so this one is rather expensive imo.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Didn't think they could legally sell it to a private seller without a warranty? (3 months minimum) ...would have to sell to another dealer or auctions to avoid this?

highlander

Didn't think they could legally sell it to a private seller without a warranty? (3 months minimum) ...would have to sell to another dealer or auctions to avoid this?

That was my understanding too Mike.
Seems a fair advert though which describes the car warts and all.

Andyk

Yep correct....If it comes from a dealer you still have rights...3 months even for a trade sale. I know as I have had some issues with a local dealer in the past and trading standards kicked their butt...They sold me a a car trade and when something went wrong after a week they wouldn't pay up....They did in the end though. You still have rights.

Spartacus

in mint condition with a new clutch and a service with those miles on its only with about 13k . so it would have to be 8k to be used as a toy for someone . A late mint face lift with 40k on it is worth 18-19k

i got a good deal on my car with only 58k on it and a great service history . But i was in the right place at the right time , and the guy was desperate . It should have been 15k at least ;P