Nav/Radio/Window button,Ac vents Restoration 4200

LORENZ-GS

Hi Everyone, I have permission from Matt ( Conaero) to advertise on the forum. Thank you Matt. I've currently added more products to my restoration line. Besides restoring 4200 Nav/Radio and Window buttons, I am restoring the center dash vent, the AC vents and the interior door handle back plate. I'm also working my way towards the center console plastic bezel. These will all be on an exchange basis. I have spares ready at all times so the turn around is immediate. The day i recieve your parts they are inspected and the new parts are shipped back to you. The Nav/Radio/Window button complete set is $500. The four dash and 2 inner door handle plates is $100, and the top center dash vent is $50. Nav/radio/window buttons include all Nav/Radio buttons, 2 volume and tuning, Econ,Recirc, 2 window and the 5 oblong buttons. Here are some pics. Please contact me thru private message and I will give you my email from there. Thanks

Attachments

• 20150318_091506.jpg
    20150318_091506.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 20150313_124040.jpg
    20150313_124040.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20150305_170247.jpg
    20150305_170247.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 207

alfatwo

Lorenz, Would you consider having a go at the chromed plastic outer bezels too..

I'm sure with modern tech they could be redone...

Dave

LORENZ-GS

I have considered the outer and inner chrome rings. The problem with that is the two innerr chrome rings for vents appear to me that they have to be taken out from behind the dash. I don't think to many people will want to do that. The two outer chrome rings come out easy. I do have a couple spare chrome rings that I will be pricing out. I'm not sure how cost effective that will be. But I'll will be checking it out. Thanks for bringing that up

CatmanV2

Larry, you're correct about the inner ones. The outer ones can be simply sanded and painted. In my case I did them satin black, but chroming might be nice :)

C

LORENZ-GS

Well I'm going to offer chroming to keep the car looking original either way so I'll at least have the offer out there

conaero

Forum Owner
The chrome on the outer vents is a foil based chrome plating, its a bit like gold leaf.

LORENZ-GS

Hey guys I have 3 sets available ready to go. I will put $50 towards shipping till April 18 on a complete set of Nav/Radio/Window buttons,,, thanks

LORENZ-GS

I checked on the Dash AC chrome outer ring that the AC vents slide into for rechroming. My price to get them rechromed was $35 usd plus shipping. So im not sure im going to be getting into restoring these chrome vents on an exchange out. Any way I have 1 complete set of buttons, AC vents and Steering column cover ready to go if anyone is looking to get rid of there sticky mess. PM me, Thanks .

LORENZ-GS

Guys I also have the center ashtray consoles for exchange along with the other plastics I currently stock,,thanks

LORENZ-GS

20150507_121637.jpg If you mean this yes I can do it. Check your pm for my email. I think bots search these forums for email so id rather put it in a pm,,,thanks

jluis

Wil they still havê the rubber touch after your work or will they be hard plastic?
I cleaned up the gooey mess on a ser of climate knobs for an old volvo but now they are just plain hard plastic and the rubery touch is gone.

LORENZ-GS

No it wont. Having the rubbery touch is asking for problems again. I do have certain chemicals I use for cleaning and resurfacing but I wont put the rubbery feel back to it. Its just not worth it.

BL330

Larry did my air cond dials and buttons by special request and they came back looking great and smooth to touch.
Very happy customer.

LORENZ-GS

20150525_065337.jpgThanks Bruce for the kind words. Guys, These parts are getting ready to go off to Greece. I have another set of buttons and assorted restored parts and ready to go,,Thanks...Please note if the finish looks gloss black its the lights. Finish is NOT gloss black. Thanks

Cox

Hi Lorenz,

Buttons look good. Although it is hard to tell from the photos, but are you using clear stickers for the white images on the buttons or do you have some way to print directly on to the buttons? I noticed sticky no more used clear stickers the last time I looked, but on some of the photos you could actually see the edges of the clear stickers on the buttons which didn't look all that great...

Cheers,

Dave.

LORENZ-GS

My imaging process covers the complete button. I do not paste a number 3 over the number 3. I do mine completely different than sticky no more. If you cant tell in the picture I have then that must say something. ,,Thanks:as002: