And so it begins...

bigbob

Welcome. I appreciate the open and informative prose.

At the end of the day with five series Beemers coming at 20% off then Maserati has to respond to the market it has entered.

Bianco

Exactly. Parks BMW offered me a 535d M Sport Plus with options (factory order) with £2k BMW Loyalty discount, £5.5k BMW Manufacturers discount and a further £6k dealer discount. So a £55k car can be had for £41.5k.

That was with little pushing from me and I know that better deals than that can be had via Whatcar Target Price etc.

I'm not sure that those deals will extend into the launch of the new 5 series next year though. For example the new M3/M4 is coming in at nearly double what I was paying monthly for a base, manual car with no options. So in effect ten grand cheaper on list price but nearly double the monthlies.

bigbob

That's right, the really strong deals are on cars in the second half of their life cycle but most Beemers are now discounted 15% as normal and up to 25% as a special case like 5 series.

As a footnote you can get the 650i coupe for under £55k which is £20k off. That's some car and engine.

Maser Sod

^ I tried to use similar facts during my ill-fated Ghibli negotiations. All I wanted was some larger rims chucked in (the 18 inch wheels look rubbish).

But the dealership couldn't do it. Wonder whether they would now. :)

drewf

Having spoken to one of the newer main dealers recently, they were very keen to point out that deals are indeed now the order of the day. The sticker price was only the starting point. Business contracts were particularly sought after, so they claimed they would go in hard to get a 5-series driver (me) into a Ghibli for the daily driver.

Bianco

^ I tried to use similar facts during my ill-fated Ghibli negotiations. All I wanted was some larger rims chucked in (the 18 inch wheels look rubbish).

But the dealership couldn't do it. Wonder whether they would now. :)

The attitude is still very much - "It's a Maserati" so although they want to compete with the Germans, they want to do it on their own terms. I got them to do my rear windows but that was it. No movement at all on the price or terms of the deal (other than what FCA Contracts were offering).

Contigo

Sponsor
Exactly. Parks BMW offered me a 535d M Sport Plus with options (factory order) with £2k BMW Loyalty discount, £5.5k BMW Manufacturers discount and a further £6k dealer discount. So a £55k car can be had for £41.5k.

That was with little pushing from me and I know that better deals than that can be had via Whatcar Target Price etc.

I'm not sure that those deals will extend into the launch of the new 5 series next year though. For example the new M3/M4 is coming in at nearly double what I was paying monthly for a base, manual car with no options. So in effect ten grand cheaper on list price but nearly double the monthlies.

One year ago it was possible to get into a new M5 for £499 a month on a 10k miler per year with a 5k deposit.

Bianco

One year ago it was possible to get into a new M5 for £499 a month on a 10k miler per year with a 5k deposit.

I've never seen that sort of deal myself. At the moment around £1k per month with no deposit and 0%.

Bianco

Hi Bianco
Let us all know your thoughts on the Ghibli as the months pass, I am interested.

Will do. So far I'm missing not have paddle shifters and cursing turbo lag. But enjoying the softer yet still sporty ride and the chassis in general. Not to mention the attention!

Lots of guys on here have proper Maseratis, whereas the Ghibli Diesel is a 530d equivalent in an exotic Maserati suit. Looking at it from that point of view, the Ghibli is a no brainer and I'm very pleased I went for one instead of the BMW or the Merc CLS.

Having said that. It's not that much more expensive on PCH for the Quattroporte.

Time will tell in terms of reliability. Will keep checking in.

Andyk

You could have paddles on her...It was an option....Not sure if it is possible to add them now....

Rwc13

It is possible to add them after purchase, I did it, although not sure how that would work on a leasing deal.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Get them put on, take them off when you return it and flog them on e-bay. I'm sure there will be a market for them.

Bianco

It is possible. Dealer wants £1500 to do it. The paddled them self cost £700 just for the part (same price quoted by my dealer and Eurospares).

Also need different steering colum shroud and if you want it done properly a longer indicator stalk. Unsure at this point of coding is required. May get it done later.

Bianco

Yes. But coming from an M3 with DCT and paddles I'm used to hanging onto the wheel with both hands. Feels a bit alien using the stick. I'll see how I go and then decide if I miss the paddles enough to cough up for the retrofit.

ChrisQP09

I don't care how the Glibli performs as long as the Germans increase their numbers so Maserati continues to enjoy it's allure.