1987 test drive video of a Countach

TridentTested

Enjoy the test driving on public roads. Man, look at those overtakes.

[video=youtube;-GZ31wny-Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZ31wny-Os&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Steve GS

A license to drive that fast on public roads. James Bond don't have one of them. Although he dose have one to kill. Is that the same thing

Contigo

Sponsor
We saw those roads where Balboni drives when we were in Modena at the factory in September.

They were testing all the mules and also had a bar where you could pay a fixed amount for a drive.

IMG_5694.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

Andyk

I was very lucky enough to drive a Countach.....It was terrible.....The clutch, the steering......just far to much like hard work.....I had one on my wall as a boy and wished I had not driven it as it destroyed the dream.

Andyk

There's a challenge and then A CHALLENGE....Perhaps it was juts me as I am only a little lad......

Mr.Cambio

i didn't mean that, obviously. but i was thinking of my ex-car, the S3, it was so fast, but also so easy to drive it. What's the point?..Fast doesn't mean acceleration only, fast means skills as well.

Andyk

Me to...For me it's about how a car makes you feel more than how fast it is......Some of the best drives I had have been with a little 1.8 engine pushing the car along.

Mr.Cambio

you have a point. I would be happy to have one, only for the sound of the v12. I Take for granted that clutch will be unaffordable.

TridentTested

I was very lucky enough to drive a Countach.....It was terrible.....The clutch, the steering......just far to much like hard work.....I had one on my wall as a boy and wished I had not driven it as it destroyed the dream.

I had the same experience driving a friend's 308 - it was the car I drooled over in the early '80s but driving it was a great disappointment. It really shouldn't have come as a surprise that the clutch and gear-change were obstructive, the steering heavy, the turning circle dismal, the interior hot and cramped and the visibility poor - heaven knows I read enough road tests - but what I wasn't expecting was how noisy and slow it was.

Yes, I wish I hadn't driven it and burst that bubble.

allandwf

Never meet your idols!

alfatwo

It makes me laugh when people say 3200GT manual's are difficult to drive,wimps...you should try some 1980/90's Ferrari's and even Masers if you want difficult!

Dave

Andyk

It makes me laugh when people say 3200GT manual's are difficult to drive,wimps...you should try some 1980/90's Ferrari's and even Masers if you want difficult!

Dave

Never understood that...MIne was fine...drove it everyday come rain or shine and it was never difficult to drive.

CatmanV2

Toooooo right.....I loved Stevie Nicks in my youth.......Then went to see her live in the late 80's and I didn't recognise her as she had bloated out.......

Was bloody good a couple of years back, though!

C

Andyk

Yep, she did get back on track but there was that short spell late 80's where she let herself go a bit....

Mr.Cambio

Chaps, you simply cannot compare a car that was first launched in 1974 and a car that was made in the end of the 90's. It's obvious that a 3200 is a lot easier to drive and to live with.
I believe that people who have had experience with classic cars will agree to that.