Pretty Spyder

Needamaser

Leather needs sorting on driver side bolster but what a lovely looking Spyder...only 30k up....

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ew,new/postcode/np165ly/radius/1500?logcode=p
Looked at this one today. Seems clean enough but leather tired looking.
Car was in auto when started and clutch 60% worn 3000 miles ago.
Garage of the view unless JCT Leeds say it needs a clutch they won't replace.
They were not wild about independent inspection.
Garage put me off the car tbh.

Andyk

60% worn.....Think that may be priced to far the wrong side of 20k from what you have said.

D Walker

Looked at this one today. Seems clean enough but leather tired looking.
Car was in auto when started and clutch 60% worn 3000 miles ago.
Garage of the view unless JCT Leeds say it needs a clutch they won't replace.
They were not wild about independent inspection.
Garage put me off the car tbh.

I also looked at this today - the leather does seem badly worn for the miles - my Passat driver seat has had my backside in it for 155k and its not as badly worn, (maybe not as good a grade of leather)
I too formed the opinion that for the money you may be into a clutch sooner rather than later.
Looked quite tidy - few stone chips on nose cone/ bonnet area but nothing disastrous - shut lines etc okay.

Is a spider smaller than a coupe?

allandwf

It depends if it's motorway miles or lots of short journeys, it's not so much the mileage, but how often you get in and out.

hodroyd

Spyder is slightly shorter than a Coupe..!! Depends on the Ar5e in the saddle, some put more strain on the seats than others..!!:wink:

D Walker

Spyder is slightly shorter than a Coupe..!! Depends on the Ar5e in the saddle, some put more strain on the seats than others..!!:wink:

Thought a bit shorter but the width looked fine for my garage,

And - I have never been over 12 stone!!!

Lol.

Needamaser

Had a second look this afternoon again.
Discs look newish along with tyres. Wheels refurbed I think
Leather will clean up but needs fed rather than just a clean.
Due a big service and I wouldn't be interested unless the clutch was changed.
There is over £3k needing spent on that car as handbrake needs attention as well. Previous owner has offloaded this now rather than spending the money on a car he had for 4 years.
Car might be ok but price would need to reflect work needed.
Probably not for me.

D Walker

I agree, at £20k its a maybe but having spoke to them when they had a £36k GT in I know they are hard to budge on price.

Ray_MV

Having owned a near identical car for 4 years I can tell you that the handbrakes are a constant issue. If the handbrake still sits high after adjustment then you need the rear handbrakes 'shoes' replaced. I think this is to do with the gearbox hill-hold feature. Mine was also quite heavy on the clutches and I would budget 1.5-2k on a replacement clutch and flywheel. The seats wear and age prematurely due to the exposure to the sun and need a bit of ongoing TLC. Mine were worse then this though. I would never buy one of these without an independent inspection asking them to pay particular attention to the brakes and suspension wear. Ensure that the roof operation is faultless too as any judders etc indicate problems down the road. I would say an 18-20k bid is fair.