BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE 050, quick Yea or Nea?

QP4Me

Quick decision needed, offered a great price on BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE 050 285/40R18 101Y RFT.

Yes or No?

allandwf

Had these on my Cerbera when I got it. Were ok, good in dry, reasonable in the wet. Nothing exceptional about them just ok. As an everyday tyre they were fine.

fcz360

Sparky
had them on the GTS, really didnt like them, no where near enough grip for me. Wear rate was OK

I went for Michelin Pilot super Sport on GTS - very very sticky and great in the wet but seem to wear very well indeed - if they do the size! Or have goodyear eagle asymmetric F1 on the AMG and Spyder and they are great alrounders.

allandwf

Wore reasonably quick I thought. I actually changed the wheels and put Goodyears on, so didn't do that much miles on them.

zagatoes30

Nothing wears faster than a Pirelli IMO although these Bridgestones were not far behind on my Spanish Audi

BJL

Had them on the California and changed them to Pzeros. Different car immediately. Better grip, better turn in, better ride and not Japanese.

QP4Me

After reading some reports about the Brigestones, I have decided against them, noise and ride quaility seem questionable.

Apart from PZeros in (185/40x18) and the above, what else is out there?

hodroyd

I have always used PZero's and like them, some find them expensive and not for them, but they have never let me down, even in the most extreme road racing with BennyD through the Swiss valleys and passes..!!

hodroyd

I have used PZero Assymetrico on my Jag XJR and they were great, I have used PZero Rosso on my Maserati's and they have been great..!! One thing to normally remember with PZero's, is that they have a slightly softer wall then a lot out there, so tyre pressures are really important, they have to be spot on, or they could be a bit floppy if soft..??

Contigo

Sponsor
What options do you have?

If it was me I would go Goodyear, vreds, Michelin Pilot or Toyo Proxies.

hodroyd

I have tried Vreds on the front and did not care for them, I have heard good reports on the Michelin Pilot 3's, Supersports, don't know about the others, sorry..!!

RW3200

I have had Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli and Goodyear on my 3200 AC.

Bridgestones no where near as good as the other 3. Found grip levels very poor, although predictable when losing grip. Flighty when pushing on.

The other 3 are pretty close but I have stuck with Goodyear F1 as they do everything very well. Can highly recommend.

If I only used the car when dry and warm I'd go for Pirelli as they work excellent in these conditions, but as Hodroyd has previously said, tyre pressures are key to getting the best out of them.

All top end of price range but worth every pound.

Contigo

Sponsor
I run Goodyear Eagle F1 Asyms on mine and they are quality in both wet and dry conditions.

2b1ask1

Special case
I run Brigestone winters & slippery Mick's as summers no problem with either. Vreds are a buget brand...

Almichie

RFT = run flats. Thea RE 050 RFT are dangerous, do not fit these to the car. I had a set on the daily and took them off after 200 miles and binned them. Anything would be better than these