Warning light wild goose chase

Angelus

A friend has a 1989 Spyder which has undergone a full nut and bolt restoration. Having rebuilt it and started it on the ramp, all has went well so far with the exception of a warning light right in the centre of the instrument cluster. Not having a manual, this might only be the handbrake warning light. We just don't know. Everything else has some sort of symbol, oil pressure etc, but this one doesn't. Anyone help please.

Angelus

I'll try and get a photo tomorrow. It's the 2.8 V6 which I've been told has the later binnacle.

outrun

Has anyone got a downloadable handbook for the Spyder for Angelus?

The light is "Spia Test" in my Italian handbook which I think is "Test Light". I wonder if a bulb is out or bulb types are incorrect hence the warning is reading an incorrect load?

Angelus

It looks like a blank space above the maserati badge but that's where the red warning light is.

Angelus

After a few text messages and phone calls from members here, the "light test" is looking like the best option. I'll update this thread when the car is finished and we have an answer. Gearbox is coming back out and a few other things to be done before it goes for an MOT. The car is going to very pretty when it's complete. I don't think there will be many totally original 30,000 mile cars out there in this condition.