Mc Shift drive

todea20

What is the best way to drive an mc shift and manage the clutch in the same time?All i know is that when you use the paddle shift you need to lift your foot from the throttle when you shift.Is that true?Does the technique also apply in auto mode?And what about the downshifts?

hoyin

Not sure it manages the clutch in anyway. But I lift the gas so that I get a smoother shift rather than holding down the gas and shifting at the same time.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The manual describes fairly well what you should do, which is to not lift your foot. The reality is that a slight lift-off does makes things a bit smoother. It takes a bit of practice but is a joy when you master it. Apparently. For downshifts I don't lift my foot, just let it carry on with whatever it was already doing.

Auto just sucks so don't use it. :smile:

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Watch the official video!
...no lifting off.

[video=youtube_share;_gV-J1OF_t4]http://youtu.be/_gV-J1OF_t4[/video]

hoyin

I don't lift on downshifts. No need. But have you tried driving it and not lifting off when up shifting? It is horrible. Lifting a bit gives you a much much smoother shift.

Auto. Don't bother with it. Waste of time. Plus the shifting in auto is even worse!

Mr.Cambio

Please pay attention, some people here talk about the cambiocorsa, some others about the mc shift. As a cambiocorsa owner, i never release my foot, as i need the changes to be as sharp as they can be. that's the reason i installed the dbw as well.
Proof of the above is that i replaced clutch at 72000kms with the flywheel beeing as new, meaning that no damage has been caused.

Edit:Saw the vide once again.How will i get back to work now? Ehh Mike?..

Last edited:

fcz360

Sparky
If its MC shift then i lift when not in MC shift mode to smooth things out, but when tanking i dont lift or the MC shift does not come in to action. But i think for MC to be active you have to be over 80% of throttle and at the top end of the rev range.

todea20

Adam i've been reading today the manual but can't find where it says not to lift your foot

todea20

Please pay attention, some people here talk about the cambiocorsa, some others about the mc shift. As a cambiocorsa owner, i never release my foot, as i need the changes to be as sharp as they can be. that's the reason i installed the dbw as well.
Proof of the above is that i replaced clutch at 72000kms with the flywheel beeing as new, meaning that no damage has been caused.

Edit:Saw the vide once again.How will i get back to work now? Ehh Mike?..

On the manual it says cambiocorsa gearbox and mc shift strategy so i believe it's the same gearbox

conaero

Forum Owner
The MC shift gearbox is not a CambioCorsa, its the box out of a 599 Ferrari and different but it does in principle operate in a similar fashion...albeit without the clutch issues the CC suffers from.

As Franks says, don't lift in MC Shift when tanking in, I certainly didn't.

c4sman

Definitely says not to lift in the manual in mc or normal mode, but a lift on up shift in normal mode does help smooth things out for passengers. No need in mc mode, just never ever use auto as it is a bit rubbish.

todea20

Thanks guys for taking the time to explain! No auto mode from now on!
Adam@ don't know how the **** i have missed that:frusty5:

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys for taking the time to explain! No auto mode from now on!
Adam@ don't know how the **** i have missed that:frusty5:

:smile:

Incidentally the software on the Strad gearbox and the 599 allows you to hold the left paddle and the gearbox will downshift fast and through multiple gears. Which is kind of cool. If you do the same on the MC Shift you get a warning message saying something like "You prat. Go to dealer." Although if you don't do it again the message doesn't come back. I have a hankering for Strad or 599 software on my gearbox.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Actually uses English then Adam, not an Italian expletive..??:crazy:

Last time my battery went flat the screen came back to life in Italian and sulked for a while before remembering where it lives now.

You can take the car out of Italy..., etc. And I far prefer it that way!