Detailer recommendation required NW London/Herts

MAF260

The new car I bought for Mrs MAF arrives next week. I've obviously refused to buy the dealer's paint protection programme as they're usually rubbish, but I would like to get the car properly prepped - dealer prep for brand new cars seems to be to wipe a grubby rag over the paintwork to provide swirls and holograms!

I'm going to spend some time over on Detailing World, but would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for a detailer in my area who could provide the service before I take delivery?

Steve GS

I have been recommended someone locally to us I have his card at home. I think his sarret based will check when I've finished work.

MAF260

Shame you are not closer as my man is great!

Indeed, Phil. Your guy's work looks very good. Unfortunately the car would be filthy by the time I got it home!

What did you buy, MAF?

2 series BMW. New model just released called the active tourer. Terrible model name but decent car, although not very exciting for me! BMW's equivalent to a Merc B class I think

image.jpg
image.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
Mark if it is a pre Prep you need distance doesn't matter at all. He uses a fantastic product CQuartz and he even does some work for customers who have taken delivery from the dealer and corrected their bodge job.

Andyk

MArk, I do love the interior on new BMW's....That looks like a very nice place to be.

MAF260

MArk, I do love the interior on new BMW's....That looks like a very nice place to be.

The interior is really nice, Andy. We've specced the car quite highly so the cabin should be a nice environment to play in. The exterior is OK, but won't ever win any beauty contests IMO.

Almichie

The interior is really nice, Andy. We've specced the car quite highly so the cabin should be a nice environment to play in. The exterior is OK, but won't ever win any beauty contests IMO.

BMW's first ever FWd car... Be interesting to see if it gets stuck in the snow!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Had a look at one for the Mrs too, but decided against and went for the Volvo V40 D4 R Design instead.
I was actually impressed, but things the Mrs wanted like HID's and built in sat nav made it overpriced, and was standard in the Volvo.

MAF260

Had a look at one for the Mrs too, but decided against and went for the Volvo V40 D4 R Design instead.
I was actually impressed, but things the Mrs wanted like HID's and built in sat nav made it overpriced, and was standard in the Volvo.

Funny, that - we went to look at Volvos and were tempted by one. The V40 is too small for what she needs and we didn't really like the XC60. She quite liked the XC70 and I got them to agree £11k off the price, but it just didn't feel like the right car. I went to the BMW dealership to look at the X1 and X3 but saw this new car I hadn't realised they make; the rest is history. You're right on the pricing, though - we've added leather, 8-speed auto, built in sat nag, driver assist, metallic paint and some other bits and bobs and it was the wrong side of £30k. Still cheaper than her current Ford was!!

Wattie

Looks a lovely interior...what's the gunsight for on top of the speedo?

Cheers Wattie