Black GS for sale, comments please.

jb516079

As some of you already know I'm in the market for a nice GS, there's this black one for sale with VVS in Kent (link below) that I really need like your thoughts on. It's been for sale at £27k for some time and then last week it appeared sold but is now back on again, its had some mods done and apparently now gives out 450BHP - is this what is putting people off and would I have trouble selling it on, does anyone know this car and background.

Www.vvsuk.co.uk/sports-cars/maserati/used-maserati-gransport-493.htm

Andyk

I know it has been spoken about a few times over the months. As you say it's been for sale for ages. I think someone went to look at it but cannot remember who. It looks a lovely car and worth a look and inspection.

jayblue

Larini exhuast and remap wouldn't put me off, although i suppose some would like the car to be totally original. Like the interior colour too, surprised it hasn't sold yet.

conaero

Forum Owner
It's priced about right the only thing that would put me off is the Avorio leather, it wears poorly and if not scrubbed monthly always looks grubby.

If you can live with that and the inspections checks out, buy it.

Remember to have the front lower wishbones checked for cracks too.

Emtee

Those tips aren't Larini, so presumably not a full system and given that, plus 70bhp over standard seems ambitious?...

Otherwise looks nice. I agree with Matt about the leather. Had pale leather in my previous Maser and it needed regular cleaning, but if kept on top of, it looks lovely.

Price seems about right and if you can get the stock exhaust thrown in you've got a Brucey Bonus.

GeoffCapes

The thing that put me off going to look was the massive hard sell I was given over the phone.
Can't stand that. They gave me "this is the best out there, better than anything ADG have, blah blah blah...."

Didn't bother after that.

Dyer3200

Overpriced at £27k is why it's still for sale - if I was looking for a GS I would have taken a punt on the ebay jobby at £15.2k bargain

rockits

I thought about the AVS GS but thought it was smidge overpriced which is why I think it is still for sale. Needs to be max £25k. Not a proper LE either.

MAF260

Nice looking car at sensible money. Not a LE as it doesn't have Auditorium, but seems to have everything else. Interesting to see another DMS-tuned alleged 470bhp car. Utter nonsense and totally over stated - they should get their rolling road calibrated properly!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Ah it states it's an LE in the advert title....I should have known better to trust a used car salesman.

In that case if it's not a bonified LE I would put the value at £25k in that condition and mileage.

hodroyd

As usual sometimes, the specification and description of this car is a mix of bull5hit and waffle, why can't folk just tell the truth and sell the darned car instead of putting people off by lying, weird..??

Ascott

Hi Guys, if anyone is interested this was my old car I traded last year, had 5 years loved every minute, but needed a change, I would be happy to answer any questions.

For info the car was remapped at DMS in the group deal a few years ago @444 this was before the larini decat and x pipes were fitted, these certainly freed her alot more.

Cheers Ascott

safrane

Ah it states it's an LE in the advert title....I should have known better to trust a used car salesman.

In that case if it's not a bonified LE I would put the value at £25k in that condition and mileage.

2k less because it does not have the auditorium? ?? Amp is poor and the speaker up grade is paper to fabric cones???