Black GS for sale, comments please.

hodroyd

Not certain, but I think all the actual LE's had red inserted paint within each of the tridents fitted on the exterior..??

jb516079

Found this one on Autotrader (link below), been for sale a while now but looks good miles and good spec, not sure about Grigio Nuvolari but looks to have LE spec.
I've been emailing the owner he says he will take £23750 so I've just sent him a load more questions but was hoping someone may know this car and whether it's a goodun.
many thanks for any info on the car that may save me a 5 hour round trip.
John (still looking looking) from Horsham.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ad/used,nearlynew,new/make/maserati?logcode=p

MAF260

That's a lovely looking GS, John. Looks very much like Robin's (Team GCR) GranSport coupe. I'd also say that's an excellent price for a 2006 LE with that mileage. If an inspection shows all is well you should jump at it.

maverick

Found this one on Autotrader (link below), been for sale a while now but looks good miles and good spec, not sure about Grigio Nuvolari but looks to have LE spec.
I've been emailing the owner he says he will take £23750 so I've just sent him a load more questions but was hoping someone may know this car and whether it's a goodun.
many thanks for any info on the car that may save me a 5 hour round trip.
John (still looking looking) from Horsham.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ad/used,nearlynew,new/make/maserati?logcode=p

Only £250 off the asking price ! Its well priced but I would expect a little more than that for a deal to be done ,but does look nice ,go and have a look or may be a fellow member whos near by can just check general condition for you and ask some questions face to face .

MAF260

I don't think that's bad given the car hasn't been viewed. I wouldn't negotiate over the phone with anyone who hadn't seen the car.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I called about it when it was first listed back in October. Looks just the same as my second Gransport but it's not the same car.

maverick

I don't think that's bad given the car hasn't been viewed. I wouldn't negotiate over the phone with anyone who hadn't seen the car.
I would tend to desagree especially if you have to travel a great distance to view not unless you are prepared to pay the asking price of course .
For me , First rule of buying a car ask what there would take , test the water so to speak , than view offer less . Just by asking a simple question and depending on the answer can tell you a lot about where the owner is . Saves wasting your time , it's not a ultra rare car so there will expect a offer . Remember there not your friend and you will probably never see them again so slways be polite and respectful but go in hard there can only say no or tell you to do one , but remember there need to sell you don't need to buy .

After asking the usual questions start by saying I realy like the sound of your car but I have to travel a long way to see it and to be ornest it's a little above my budget , I don't want to wast your time but what sort of money would secure a deal
If I come to see it and like it ?

conaero

Forum Owner
Seems very well priced for an LE. I certainly would not let mine go for South of £25k

The reason it's cheap is the colour, it's not a very desirable one but the interior is.

Also when was the clutch done and is it in good condition. The vendors always say very good condition but then you turn up and it's nicked and scratched all over, you know what I mean?

MAF260

I would tend to desagree especially if you have to travel a great distance to view not unless you are prepared to pay the asking price of course .
For me , First rule of buying a car ask what there would take , test the water so to speak , than view offer less . Just by asking a simple question and depending on the answer can tell you a lot about where the owner is . Saves wasting your time , it's not a ultra rare car so there will expect a offer . Remember there not your friend and you will probably never see them again so slways be polite and respectful but go in hard there can only say no or tell you to do one , but remember there need to sell you don't need to buy .

After asking the usual questions start by saying I realy like the sound of your car but I have to travel a long way to see it and to be ornest it's a little above my budget , I don't want to wast your time but what sort of money would secure a deal
If I come to see it and like it ?

I completely agree with you if I was buying, but I wouldn't negotiate over the phone as a seller if the car hadn't been viewed.

safrane

Only sold one Maser privately and had plenty of chancers saying it may need this or that etc and would I take this or that...and sadly quite a few off here saying it could need this or that...despite it being the lowest price 4200 in the UK with 100% perfect service history and a full inspectin and major service from Emblem and a year MOT and six month tax.

Sold it to the first person who saw the car in person for just a few hundred less based on the fact he had the cash in his hand... thkse who called and emailed were just told no thanks...yes they take a while to sell this time of year...but in the spring and summer...just wait.

Contigo

Sponsor
It is for this reason Peter I hate selling cars privately. Sold mini at weekend and boy was it painful, people expect the World and one a ten year old plus car!!!!! Ffs!

Also there are too many of these Internet experts who will know more than you!

When I advertise a car now I am upfront about everything, that way there are no surprises or haggling chances!

safrane

Yep too many Wheeler Deelers watchers out there...wonder if they do the same at the supermarket?

MAF260

It is for this reason Peter I hate selling cars privately. Sold mini at weekend and boy was it painful, people expect the World and one a ten year old plus car!!!!! Ffs!

Also there are too many of these Internet experts who will know more than you!

When I advertise a car now I am upfront about everything, that way there are no surprises or haggling chances!

Agreed. I hate selling cars privately, it always seems to attract weirdos, know-alls and penniless losers! I once put the phone down on an enquirer, thinking it was a mate trying to wind me up. The guy asked if the car had a "smelly engine"!! To be fair it was an old Fiat!

rockits

I just give the cars to sell to my brother let him take a cut & let him deal with the hassle! He is used to it & would deal with it better than me. Advantage of having a brother who is a trader/dealer I guess although he wins as well as I sort out all his tech/systems for his business for him. Keeping it in the family!

Tend to find most of my cars to buy myself though. Sometimes he come up with stuff at trade prices that I 'll take though when it is a good cheap deal ;)

jb516079

Below is the email I sent him, if Dicky says its been on sale since October why has it not sold, either there's a problem or he's not taking offers and not bothered about selling.

I would like to come down and view the car although I'm going on holiday Friday but could come down any time in the day light this Thursday.
Because it's a round trip of about 6 hours for me then there are a number of questions I would appreciate you answering so as I'm not disappointed and don't waste both our times.

1. Why are you selling.
2. How long have you owned and where did you purchase from.
3. How many owners on the V5.
4. How many stamps in the service book and has the vehicle got a complete Maserati Service History.
5. Could you list the Date, Miles and who carried out the services and do you have documentation/receipts/invoices to confirm this.
6. When was the Clutch last changed date/miles, and has the percentage of ware been measured recently ( this is very important as a new clutch is £2k).
7. Any accident damage you know of.
8. Any Advisories on the last MOT.
9. Does the car have the following extras, Electric memory front seats, Sat Nav, Bluetooth or GSM phone, Auditorium 200 hi fi.

Many thanks for your help and I promise you that if I do like your car I am a genuine guy who will not mess you around.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
It is almost due a new clutch which was my reason for not purchasing. Otherwise I understand it to be a very good example. He wasn't shifting a bean on price despite it needing a clutch. Since then, the Autotrader adverts will have cost him about £300! I disagree with Matt, I believe Grigio Nuvolari to be one of the best colours and it's pretty rare. It's not a 'bargain' but I'd say fairly priced if it's as good as the seller says it is.