Black GS for sale, comments please.

rockits

Regardless of LE or not if it is a good car which it seems to be why has it not sold? My take is that it is a smidge too dear for that mileage. Needs to be £2-3k less & then it will likely sell. I considered it but wouldn't have paid more than £25k. Not sure if I was better paying the top money I paid for my 2007 11k miles 4200 or should have gone for higher miles GS? I think I made the right choice.

Has this one not been for sale for about a year?

safrane

Its an early 2006 car with the lower tax bracket.

47k on the clocks which is below the magic 50

Has full leather and xenon

priced at 3k more than the half leather older cars at ADG...Think its very close to the money.

jayblue

I would have gladly had it inspected and bought it at around the asking price, the mods actually would have added value for me. Just didn't have the budget to spend that much! They certainly don't seem in any hurry to sell it so i would be surprised if the buyer gets much if any of a discount.

Andyk

Its an early 2006 car with the lower tax bracket.

47k on the clocks which is below the magic 50

Has full leather and xenon

priced at 3k more than the half leather older cars at ADG...Think its very close to the money.

Agree Pete, price doesn't seem that far out maybe it should be 26k asking price but it looks a desirable car. It could be just that they don't sell fast. Maserati has always been a slow seller due to reputation from the past for expensive and reliability. These car buck the trend but lots of punters still have this image in there minds so a very limited market.......Sometimes they can sit around for months and months even though there is nothing wrong. Most people looking would potentially go to someone like ADG, DIcky Grace, Nuvola etc for that piece of mind.

safrane

I suspect the winter will have had a lot to do with it as well...market is always slower this time of year. Along with the uncertainty of interest rates...I belive spring will see a increase in sales as buyers come into the market.

There are plenty for sale at the moment with GSs availability outstripping 4200s the other week.

hodroyd

A good GS at the "right" money does not usually hand around for long, they might just take an offer..??

Emtee

Much as I don't wish to jinx the car in question, as it looks okay from the details and photographs with a reasonable asking price, I do wonder whether the wishbones issue is scaring people away.

hodroyd

At a guess I would think most don't know anything about that, unless they are a member on here maybe and they would know there is a possible solution in the wings..??

NickP

At a guess I would think most don't know anything about that, unless they are a member on here maybe and they would know there is a possible solution in the wings..??

whats the solution? Pay £2k to get them sorted?

hodroyd

If you are buying a car, get it inspected first and if they need changing the seller can do it..!!

Andyk

Much as I don't wish to jinx the car in question, as it looks okay from the details and photographs with a reasonable asking price, I do wonder whether the wishbones issue is scaring people away.

Is this known outside of this type of forum ?.....

Emtee

Is this known outside of this type of forum ?.....

Not sure Andy. Probably not, though I guess the Indi's may know about it. Marios certainly did. No, my only reasoning is that anyone looking for a car such as a Maserati would likely check the forums beforehand. This does seem to be the case with many potential buyers on here, as they use the threads to check up on specifications and known issues. I just wonder whether potential buyers are now picking up on the wishbones…?

jayblue

The wishbones are a relatively new issue and whilst serious (and costly to replace at the moment) i would have thought as long as the car passes inspection at the time of purchase it wouldn't be a problem that stops buyers. Assuming the problem remains limited to the front lower wishbones the cost of repair should Maserati wash their hands of the issue is not entirely out of proportion with what you may expect to encounter at some point in your ownership. After all a clutch is around 2k all in and we all accept the risk of premature failure and replacement on that.

Personally i am still hopeful of a few things - that the scope of affected cars is limited and that Maserati will come to some agreement with those affected to at the minimum get the parts at a reduced price.

Andyk

Agree Miles.....anyone that gets wind of this issue will think carefully before buying...

conaero

Forum Owner
I don't think the wishbone thing will have much of an effect. If a new purchaser does know about it they can have it inspected and get new wishbones as apart of the deal but suspect outside this forum little is known about it.

You also have to ask yourself how long the GS can stay high with all the GranTurismos filling the £30-50k bracket but the residuals on the GS have continued to astonish so suspect sensible mileage, LE spec will continue to hold firm.

jb516079

Sorry guys but how can I tell a proper LE is it stated on the V5, I know what the spec should be but that could all be ordered as extra's.
Also are all 56 plate onwards LE's.

Steve GS

My car has all the extra LE stuff plus more all apart from the auditorium but I'm sure the alpine sterio I had fitted is better than the old beker system and when I change my speakers as well. When I got my car was 42 k on the clock and price was 25 k. From adg. So personal think this is high price I've done 5 k miles in mine so 47k I can't see it being worth 27 k. If I was to sell

Andyk

Sorry guys but how can I tell a proper LE is it stated on the V5, I know what the spec should be but that could all be ordered as extra's.
Also are all 56 plate onwards LE's.

LE was a package you could add when buying from new.....not all cars had it but lots ticked this box as it was a big saving rather than buying all the the bits in the package separate. Maserati saw it as a way to shift a few more cars at the end of its life by offering options from the option list in a package that gave a big saving.....It also shows how much Maserati made on these options originally as it was around a 50% saving.... The link below tells you what is in the LE (limited edition) package....LE wasn't a model all on its own just a option you could tick when ordering new.

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/16190-Specification-options-price-list

safrane

Only Maserati can tell you the origional spec from the build order...I also suspect many people were billed for all the options and not told of the package as it was a nice earner for the dealer.

Ref Andy's point re mark up; I retro fitted sat nav to my first 4200 at a cost of £4.99. Maserati charged over a grand for that option and the only item is an antenna and a software update.

Re Auditorium....the Amp is pants and not worth £100 and even the cloth speaker upgrades and poor rather than very poor.

jb516079

OK thanks AndyK your post with standard spec and the LE package is just what I've been looking for, am I correct in saying that the LE package was available for 56 plate onwards.
best regards
John