£5k 3200

alfettafan

This one is on Gumtree….Sadly looks very sorry for itself….

http://www.gumtree.com/p/maserati/maserati-3200gt/1100850429

Year 2001
Mileage 72000
Transmission Automatic

Description

Power blue Maserati 3200gt Auto. 72000mes No Mot, but may get done before sells. Not used over winter but up until then drove with no issues. Selling due to lack of use. Sadly no history with car. A few small rust spots as is common with this car ( rear wheel arch and boot badge). New exhaust. 2 keys, remote central locking. Sounds and looks lovely! ASR/abs brake light on dash but hasn't affected drive. One small spot of laquer missing on bonnet. cream leatheninterior in great condition. Condition reflected in price No Offers at all as not desperate to sell.

Ad ID: 1100850429

alfettafan

Getting close to price for spares........wonder what the wishbones are like lol

Lol Greg !! If appearances are anything to go by the wishbones won't have been changed. Such a shame, I love that colour, when I started looking that was the colour I wanted...then i went to see my AC !

highlander

Lol Greg !! If appearances are anything to go by the wishbones won't have been changed. Such a shame, I love that colour, when I started looking that was the colour I wanted...then i went to see my AC !

I might be in the minority here but I think the 32 suits the strong traditional colours far better than the modern lighter colours like this paler blue which strangly can look fine on the 42 or GS.......go figure, guess no accounting for individual taste!

Andyk

Hahahahaha...You have a point Frank..

IT that the right price for a 3200 with no history an a few issues.....Probably...Good ones with history 10k plus. You could pay 5k no problem on this getting back to perfect......but as said you may get your money back in spares.....

highlander

agree with Phil's sentiment.............even if not his colourful analogy since I bow to his superior knowledge in that area! lol
with that mileage it is highly likely that the timing chain required, 2k, add in a proper service at up to another k, and you only need to replace the front wishbones for another £2000 plus to have reached the price a pretty good one might start at and you have not even touched any of the body, brakes, tyres, turbos............potential money pit - run, don't walk, run away!

hodroyd

Pity there are still these cars out there that have been sadly abused, why would anyone do it, I don't understand that mentality..!! It's worth taking a punt at £3k then doing it up, is that right Phil..??

highlander

i agree robert but I think there are fewer of them around now even compared to a year ago when I first started looking. I seem to recall quite a few "challenging" 32 options around this time last year

hodroyd

I agree Greg, they are getting less these days and thankfully so, they just pop up now and again when somebody decides to try and get rid again for too much money and so it goes on..!! It might help for somebody just to make him an offer and then sit back and wait..??

Contigo

Sponsor
3k might be a good start but as Greg said you may need to throw 6+ at it and then the subframe could be too far gone! You need to get under these cars and inspect them.

hodroyd

I totally agree, but for £3K you could still use it for spares if required and not lose out that much, all depends how rough it is..??