Updates?

Grinzzz

Yes I'm still lurking occasionally :)

Gone a bit quiet in here. So, I've done some googling and I'm still confused. Is it worth popping to a dealer yet, i.e. do they know any more than we do? I'm guessing that by now they're happy to take cash off people.

What engine are they planning for it now? I'm still betting on it being a V6 turbot (shudder) but just read a couple of recent articles about it being two flavours V8 NA and supercharged. Please please tell me there will be a V8 NA variant that won't weigh in slightly less than a neutron star.

Any updates on launch date and pricing? Part of me wants it to be the V6 because I won't have to grow any extra kidneys or hide the invoice from the wifelet.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hey Andy it has been a while.

Not much has happened. I feel it will be V6 as the v8 will be reserved for the larger QP and GT models.

Prices are all over the place. First a figure of £70k was being thrown around but many think it could now be getting on for double that.

bigbob

I do wonder. If it's £140k then they are just as well starting making the 8C again.

Prices for cars above £50k seen to be getting a bit out of hand these days but Maserati does need to leave room for the new GranTurismo (£100-120k) so I would guess £80-100k for the Alfieri range. No idea though!

They are all getting a bit silly for me I am afraid. Might look at the new RS5 when it comes out at c£60k as the rear seats will be big enough for the kids. Alfieri is of no use to me I am afraid.

safrane

I always thought the Alfeni would be a range topper like the 8C was for Alfa, and thus expected it to be +£100k

Fangio63

I'd be betting it'll start at £75k... and be £85k by the time you've specced it up... with a hotter V6s loaded version at about £95k.... It's going to need to be a **** of a car for that, to compete with 911's and F types...

I've sort of lost interest as it will be too small for me, and the looks (esp the front end) have started to lose their appeal..

I suspect that the GT replacement will be circa £120k by the time it arrives... and by then proper V8's might well be extinct....It too could end up with a turbo V6..

I hope I'm wrong... but the current GT could well be the last of the "Ferrari Era" V8's...

bigbob

Yep, buying anything without a turbo will be difficult going forward.

I might be in my last Maserati anyway as prices might be getting silly, could keep it forever and use it less, chop it for a new RS5 in 2016/17 or trade down to a Ghibli S if they fit the 4WD system to RHD. Would need a monster discount on one of them though as residuals look like they are starting to get to what one would expect.

Grinzzz

Cheers for confirming what I thought chaps - that there's no firm info on virtually any aspect yet. I'll keep telling the wifelet she needs to keep saving her pennies for me
Hi Andy, great to hear from you......How's the Marcos going...
shes lovely Andy, although the last few weeks I've kept her chastity belt on because her back end gets far to wriggly in the damp. How's the six series?

Classico

I suspect that the GT replacement will be circa £120k by the time it arrives... and by then proper V8's might well be extinct....It too could end up with a turbo V6..

I hope I'm wrong... but the current GT could well be the last of the "Ferrari Era" V8's...

This is exactly why I opted for a 2nd-hand Maser GT.

The Ghibli styling doesn't do much for me and the Alfieri will be astronomically priced and most likely sans naturally aspirated V8 when it hits Oz.

Firefox

I've been told starting price around £75k, approx Sept 2017, 4x4 next year.....as recent as last week at a dealer opening.

bigbob

They do seem to be in no hurry. That would suggest that the new GranTurismo will be later, might allow the current car to have a ten year production run which is rare these days.

Grinzzz

Wonder what the chance is of it being the same engine as the Cali T? Even with my absolute hatred of any forced induction I'd give it a test drive if it had that engine......

MAF260

Dealers have now been given more information from Maserati. I was told the following by HR Owen last week:

2017 manufacture and first deliveries. Not known which month.
The car will look 95% like the concept car.
Size will be similar to the F-type Jaguar.
To be priced in competition with the Porsche 911 - base model £60k-£70k. Price will not overlap with the new GranTurismo.
A V8 is being seriously considered as the range-topper.
There will be a spyder, the only one in the new Maserati line up. There will be no GranCabrio for the future GranTurismo range.

They're taking £5k refundable deposits now for the earliest cars. I'm not keen for my car to be Maserati's free R&D mule, so am going to wait a while before giving somebody an interest-free 2 year loan.

bigbob

Dealers have now been given more information from Maserati. I was told the following by HR Owen last week:

2017 manufacture and first deliveries. Not known which month.
The car will look 95% like the concept car.
Size will be similar to the F-type Jaguar.
To be priced in competition with the Porsche 911 - base model £60k-£70k. Price will not overlap with the new GranTurismo.
A V8 is being seriously considered as the range-topper.
There will be a spyder, the only one in the new Maserati line up. There will be no GranCabrio for the future GranTurismo range.

They're taking £5k refundable deposits now for the earliest cars. I'm not keen for my car to be Maserati's free R&D mule, so am going to wait a while before giving somebody an interest-free 2 year loan.

Interesting, taking their time with this one.

I agree about waiting, anyway it might be better getting the 'new' engine they will introduce after a year or two just like what they did bringing out the 4.7 in the GranTurismo.

911 now starts at £76k BTW so hard to really guess what pricing will be.

flymike25

Hi everyone, I'm Mike, and new to this forum! I've been very interested in Maserati's and since I saw the Alfieri, I fell in love. Not just with that, but the GTS too, and I really hope that my next car will be a GTS, if not an Alfieri!

I popped in to Maserati Lancaster, and spoke for quite some time with one of their sales advisors. His current outlook was that Maserati are very much focusing on the Levante SUV for now, and that we will probably see a GranTurismo replacement in 2018 BEFORE we see an Alfieri. But he did confirm that the price should make the Alfieri a Jaguar F-Type rival, albeit with 2+2 configuration, with the price starting in the £60-£65k region.

Hope that helps!
Mike.

mcs

Hi everyone, I'm Mike, and new to this forum! I've been very interested in Maserati's and since I saw the Alfieri, I fell in love. Not just with that, but the GTS too, and I really hope that my next car will be a GTS, if not an Alfieri!

I popped in to Maserati Lancaster, and spoke for quite some time with one of their sales advisors. His current outlook was that Maserati are very much focusing on the Levante SUV for now, and that we will probably see a GranTurismo replacement in 2018 BEFORE we see an Alfieri. But he did confirm that the price should make the Alfieri a Jaguar F-Type rival, albeit with 2+2 configuration, with the price starting in the £60-£65k region.

Hope that helps!
Mike.

Welcome to the forum. His comments are purely speculation for now as no one knows what Maserati are planning at the moment.

StuartW

Welcome along Mike. A GTS might be a more realistic target for you currently and I would imagine the Alfieri is more likely to the rival to a G-TYPE at this rate!

alfatwo

Wonder what the chance is of it being the same engine as the Cali T? Even with my absolute hatred of any forced induction I'd give it a test drive if it had that engine......

So explain the reason why you don't like forced induction engines then...there hugely more efficient, lots better emission's, and smaller and lighter too..

Like the new Porsche 4 cylinder turbo v the old V6 Na..there's no contest!

Dave

rockits

N/A for me all day long. Sod the emmissions and efficiencies! The only option other than N/A is S/C as the E55K I just sold opened my eyes.