Noob from Godalming

drewf

Lozz.... you might want to check the Bridgestones on the front are not run flats !... never occurred to me to check... and I know Bridgestone do one... There's plenty of tread on those - but when there up for the change I'd try something else ... never rated them..

The rims surely aren't strong enough to deal with a run-flat tyre, are they?

davidhowson

Hi Lozzingers
We are but a few miles apart as I am just a few miles south of Guildford and regularly come through Godalming.
Can I come over and try out your wall??
-David-

Lozzingers

Fangio - yep! I had a teenager cyclist just behind me through the town centre so I was giving it some beans ( in neutral - didn't go over 10 mph!)- think he enjoyed it :) First trip back from picking it up on the M3 50mph zone a chap in a brand new Vantage slowly went past and looked over and smiled - felt good!
Drewf - not sure re rim strength but I won't be going run flat anyway. Goodyear Eagle only seem to be runflat's (can't find them in normal spec at the moment) so tempted to try out these Vredestein ULTRAC VORTI
285/35 ZR20 (104Y) XL and see how they go...
David Howson - for sure - any time! It's Holloway Hill that goes past St Hilarys School I think it is - only 100m or so from our house. Is good in 1st gear - and up hill so the engine is working nice and hard! Are you by chance going to the Ace Café meet? I now unfortunately have a day in Piccadily at a talk so won't have my car - will need to train it there but thought getting a lift back to somewhere near (Guildford/Clapham/Godalming station would save 1.5 hours on a train!

davidhowson

I know St Hilarys very well as I did the school run there everyday until two years ago! I will PM you my number and we can have a chat sometime.
-David-