Fulvia 1600 HF

philw696

It was the early 70's Andy and in the picture is the front of a Citroen SM the rear of a Merc.
My Fathers daily family car as at the time he had 4 sons was a Heather pink series 1 XJ6 4.2.
When he was associated with the Jolly Club we had Fulvias coming and going all the time Oh how I wished I had one now.

bruciebonuz

Lovely car that and I know the new owner - a lovely guy obsessed with HFs.

I had one of only 22 RHD 1.6HF (Fanalone) in Silver....was beautiful....sold it three years ago and then it sold again to the US for twice as much a few months ago. Ah well, at least I had it for a while. Ragged it round Goodwood on 20 year old Michelins - beautiful sunny day.....that was a good day.

This is the very car advertised by the dealer that the guy I sold it to sold it to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAWOCaiYWs

Not bad eh!!!?

That IS beautiful. Never seen one before. Funnily enough, I was watching a YT clip last night, where the Evora designer was explaining it's lines, design cues etc and this car immediately reminded me of the wrap around type windscreen and roof lines etc of the Evora.
Out of curiosity. What would a guestimate valuation be?

Lovely car that and I know the new owner - a lovely guy obsessed with HFs.

I had one of only 22 RHD 1.6HF (Fanalone) in Silver....was beautiful....sold it three years ago and then it sold again to the US for twice as much a few months ago. Ah well, at least I had it for a while. Ragged it round Goodwood on 20 year old Michelins - beautiful sunny day.....that was a good day.

This is the very car advertised by the dealer that the guy I sold it to sold it to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAWOCaiYWs

Not bad eh!!!?

Sublime :)
I wonder if a manufacturer produced a car, mainly for aesthetics that looked this good and about the same size, with minimal electronics and at a mass market price point, would anyone buy it. I think I would.
I'm fed up worrying about some PCB or ECU going bang and having to fork out hundreds to replace something I never even knew existed until it died!

zagatoes30

That IS beautiful. Never seen one before. What would a guestimate valuation be?

I would have said £30k plus, it's a 1.6 so may be a bit more the RHD will peg the price back a bit as there is more demand for the LHD versions. Surprisingly the rarer Zagato is worth less than the equivalent std Coupe

CatmanV2

Sublime :)
I wonder if a manufacturer produced a car, mainly for aesthetics that looked this good and about the same size, with minimal electronics and at a mass market price point, would anyone buy it. I think I would.
I'm fed up worrying about some PCB or ECU going bang and having to fork out hundreds to replace something I never even knew existed until it died!

Well you're going to run into issues with NCAP and Emissions without *some* electronics I suspect, but then again, Caterham do OK? Not the aesthetics though!

C

GeoffCapes

Buy it!

I just nipped out to get some lunch and saw a white one! They are lovely little cars!

I saw it previously months ago so it must live nearby.

zagatoes30

Only problem is it's a good £10k over budget approved by the chancellor for next car, will need to get the man maths calculator out