Newbie - Hastings, UK. Merak Motorcyle

MaseratiBarber

Hi all, Thought I'd join to check out the classic Maserati on here and tap into some knowledge on where to get spares for a V6 Merak engine.

I know this will not be most Maserati owners cup of tea but I'm building a Merak engined motorcycle - www.crossbreedcycles.net

complete_bike.jpg

Last edited:

Ewan

It would be worth contacting Andy at McGrath Maserati. He'll be able to help with parts. I'd love to see this project succeed, so good luck to you.

zagatoes30

Love interesting projects, post some photos.

There once was an Trike with an 2 litre Alfetta engine which was super cool

MaseratiBarber

Love interesting projects, post some photos.

There once was an Trike with an 2 litre Alfetta engine which was super cool

Thanks, I'll go through the forum and try and find an appropriate place to create a project thread.

I did a 2.5 V6 Alfa bike about ten years ago:
alfa_compressed.jpg

drewf

Can't stop looking at the cam sprockets... Just how close to your leg were they?

drewf

Respect.

I assume your legs are forced wide apart due to the excessive size of cojones? :numberone:

2b1ask1

Special case
I enjoyed reading through your website; some lovely creations, I was questioning the wisdom of making the drive train a stressed member until I saw the quality and thickness of those castings, I don't think there will be an issue :D Good luck with it...

Check out Copart for a 1954 Alfa race car that is going for an absolute song if you need another project on the back burner!

MaseratiBarber

Thanks guys....yes the Alfa bike was a bit extreme, I learnt a lot from that project, it got me to learn CAD and casting principles and that I shouldn't have external belts!
I've finished the design, I'll building the frame next.
complete_bike.jpg