Saw three Ghiblis' in Scotland today

bigbob

These cars are now more common and, no, I was not at the dealer!

Interestingly one of them was heading north - away from either dealer - on a low loader. It has a shortish registration number with the letters KMS in it. I think I saw that plate on a QPV in Aberdeen once so maybe some repeat business there for Maserati?

highlander

Nope, nada, none, zero.........guess it is too wild north of inverness for the delicate souls lol

bigbob

Might be true. My 4200 made it as far as Inverness once I think. Mind my GranTurismo has only been to England once and it's nearly done 30k miles!

outrun

Not well I hear. They stuck it next to mini when they could have it alongside Bentley McLaren and BMW. Silly move. They're lining up pre reg ghiblis at min £5k off list. It will come but not overnight.

bigbob

Not well I hear. They stuck it next to mini when they could have it alongside Bentley McLaren and BMW. Silly move. They're lining up pre reg ghiblis at min £5k off list. It will come but not overnight.

The cheap website won't help - flashes up as 'January sale' - and if they have discounted new cars then put them on the website.

Are they picking up all the Glasgow service work on GT/GC?

outrun

The servicing is done at Bentley down the road. The showroom is a bland two car box in Mini's car park. Not the best effort from them all round. Makes Graypaul in Edinburgh look amazing. I think they need to be alongside other top marques to sell well but they've not done that. Purely on space ground I think. They've chosen to build a McLaren showroom in the only space they had.

They're a nice bunch though so I hope they make it work. Seems like a missed opportunity though.

Ewan

I was in Glasgow recently and asked them to send me a brochure for the new QP. They said there wasn't one, and I'd need to use the car configurator thing on the Maserati website. So I've had Meridien Modena send me the brochure instead.

Ewan

And on that note, it was only when I went through the brochure that I learnt that the QP VI GTS is the second fastest Maserati ever, losing out only to the MC12. Over 700 torques, and 550 bhp when the power button is pressed, so good for 190 mph.