Stradale delivery December 2015

Andyk

Yeti....stop it..........I'm frustrated enough as it is .....

Lovely mate and really exciting I bet...

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Absolutely gorgeous. Shame the guys didn't wear Santa suits as that's a **** of a Christmas present.

Out of interest what are you doing about a front number plate?

hodroyd

Santa was on the side of the driveway watching the truck back in..!! Stunning Yeti, what more is there to say..??

Yeti

Front plate has taxed and frustrated me. The cheap tin bracket that is supplied with the car has no place on such a beautiful creature, so I junked that. Thought about running without a plate as some with 458's tend to do, but figured that is going to be like a beacon to plod, so in the end I went with a stick on plate. Lettering is the correct size, border is a bit smaller making the plate smaller overall, but hopefully it will save me getting a tug.

4952.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. Shame the guys didn't wear Santa suits as that's a **** of a Christmas present.

Out of interest what are you doing about a front number plate?

Yeti

As to what is the car like? in a word - AWESOME.

It's only been road legal for three weeks and with business and weather conspiring to keep me off the road, I've only managed about 500 miles so far. I will say, it is very different from my S. Much more focused, suspension despite being lower and firmer is not uncomfortable and it handles like a dream. Where the S had a vagueness to the steering when running straight - which I attributed to Skyhook, the Strad is pin sharp. Think about the apex and it's already turning in, I can place it anywhere and it sticks to the chosen line.

All the journo's complain about the cambiocorse box, but the Strad takes it to a new level, much much faster change, and it pops on the upshift as well as spitting and crackling on the way down the box. I accept that when in bimble mode the gearbox is a bit agricultural, but if that's my mood I tend to leave it in Sport and just lift slightly as I change. In race mode you only get the best from the box when you nail it. I actually enjoy the involvement it gives me, I feel connected to the gear change, not simply a button actuated auto. GP loaned me a 458 for my birthday, and whilst the box in that is lightning fast, it is strangely uninvolving. You absolutely know it's the computer doing the shift, you merely initiate it by flicking the paddle. Any muppet could drive one of those smoothly, whereas the Strad makes you concentrate and rewards the work when you get it right.

I will further admit that the cabin is now starting to look very dated compared to the competition, but if a plush cabin with lots of hi-tech gizmo's is your bag, buy a BMW. I haven't even turned on the radio yet, far prefer to listen to the orchestral crescendo going on outside.

Can't wait for warmer weather and dry roads.

hodroyd

Looking at the front of the car, realistically there is nowhere to put a front plate that would look acceptable, unless you could squeeze one under the front spoiler..!!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good review and interesting comparison with the GTS - thanks Yeti. It seems financially prudent that I should probably avoid taking one for a test drive.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I want your opinions on your blue Strad that Bowkers is holding for you first, Rob. When are you picking it up..?

hoyin

Awesome. Great to hear. My MC Shift doesn't have Skyhook and has the Strad suspension setup. I too found it much much better.

So do you have 3 settings then? Auto, S and Race?

Does S feel the same as the MC Shift? And then Race is something beyond that?

hodroyd

I was tempted to go for a drive in that and the F430, but I am told that my GS will be very hard to beat, so I am going to have to play it by ear mate, no point spending money just for the sake of it..!!

bigbob

Awesome. Great to hear. My MC Shift doesn't have Skyhook and has the Strad suspension setup. I too found it much much better.

So do you have 3 settings then? Auto, S and Race?

Does S feel the same as the MC Shift? And then Race is something beyond that?

Race is the no extended warranty button.