Facelift QPV getting cheap

Like the car a lot but the interior is too light in colour for practicality - for me anyway
The piping is a lovely touch.
I went to see one a few months back at Alexanders Prestige (still there on the website £32000)
I did not like the blue exterior or the walnut trim (fussy I know)
but what I noticed that does not show well on the web site picture or on the one described above was that just before the rear wheels where the body flares out a plate had been added to the lower bodywork, which I think detracts from the flow of the bodywork
A spotty youth told me it was to protect from stone chippings.
There is also a 2008 model in Acklam Car sales about 2 miles from me.
Been there for about 6 weeks and was the subject of another thread. I promised I would go and view and report back
Well I did not go - but I intend to this week honest!

hodroyd

The plate you mention is now used on a lot of cars to protect from stone chips, it's usually a heavy plastic stick on piece that can be replaced if it does get worn..!!

outrun

The grigio nuvolari car at Philip Raby is lovely. Great colour, very classy. He's a nice guy, handled a Porsche sale for me which is what he's known for. Likely to be a good car, he's not interested in rubbish.

bigbob

Interesting. I like the fact on the 4.7 you can drive it in manual mode but with the 4.2 - like on the GranTurismo - it will still kick down even in manual mode which is a tad annoying.

Those cars all look attractive on the face of it - prices for QPV seem to have fallen more than I realised.

Andyk

The grigio nuvolari car at Philip Raby is lovely. Great colour, very classy. He's a nice guy, handled a Porsche sale for me which is what he's known for. Likely to be a good car, he's not interested in rubbish.

For me that is nicest one I've posted as well.........PLus it has the SPort GTS grille which looks so much better than the Hannibal lecter one thats on the 4.2 and 4.7 S.....

As promised (at last) I went to see the QP Exec GT at Acklam Car centre.
Allegedly the garage is owned by crooks - don't know
I went in and the first I saw was a lovely looking TR4 in red (1964), spoked wheels etc - looked good
Secondly I saw a yellow Ferrari not sure of the model or year but they are both on their website.
The interior of the Ferrari was poor
Moved onto the QP described as red but in reality lovely deep purple (not sure of the fancy Italian name for this) with light tan interior and piping on the seats.
The piping is a lovely touch
Drivers side carpeting was a touch scruffy, other than that the interior was fine Wooden steering wheel and dash, looked ok
30,000 miles on the clock and supposedly fully serviced. On inspection the last real service was at JCT in 2010.
Then some obscure stamps. Someone from Selby is supposed to be coming to look at the car
They have knocked £1000 off the original price and is now on sale at £26900 ish.
They started it up and it sounded ok. Under the bonnet was clean and tidy. The boot contained a full kit and a tyre but I don't think there was a wheel there.
I pointed out it was still too expensive in my opinion but they disagreed.
So there we have it
Lovely colour exterior, a bit too light for me on the interior (no sunroof) - maybe needs a new carpet
But overpriced for this area by about £3000.
Any potential purchaser needs to double check the service stamps, but low mileage for 2008.
You pays your money ...................