4200 looking good value

D Walker

I actually had some dialogue with Alex (the owner) regarding this car.
He sent me all the service history which looked good, details of repairs etc.
There were no advisories on last MOT.
There was an Inspection report from Emblem but not sure if that work was carried out - he could confirm.
To be honest it was personal taste for me and that was down to the interior - It maybe looks better in the flesh than the photo's.
Dave

GeoffCapes

:frusty5::frusty5:

Typical. Love this colour, it's in the right price range.

The only problem I have is having to fund a big project at work! :too_sad::too_sad:

Contigo

Sponsor
Get it on finance lads! What wrong with you all? 13k? Tempted to add it to the 3200 as a stable mate :)

Andyk

THe car started off at 16k if my memory serves me right and Dicky Grace praised the car so I would say worth a look if in the market..

D Walker

THe car started off at 16k if my memory serves me right and Dicky Grace praised the car so I would say worth a look if in the market..

Andy - I think you are right - I thought was £16k but decided it may be my old cells imagining things - at that type of money its worth a punt with an outlook to accepting that you may have to spend to bring it up to top condition. Like I said - my obly gripe was the interior.

Dave

Rwc13

I've had two Maseratis with the grey leather, and I'm generally not a fan in other marques, but the Maserati grey is very nice. Photos don't do it justice.

zagatoes30

Looks good value, I hope you guys hanging around don't live to regret it as surely these low prices won't stay that way given the way everything else seems to be moving at the moment.

safrane

Car was in good nick when Richard sold it. It has since had a lot of work at Emblem so I honestly believe its not a money pit...if it had xenons I would sell the GS and have this.

outrun

Do it Phil, start a collection!

Looks a nice car. I'm not sure that it makes GS's look expensive Peter, that's a bit like saying that a 911 c2s makes a GT3 look expensive. Perceived value is based on a number of factors and where it's surely true that a regular 4200 is 95% the car that a GS is, it's the extra 5% that holds the additional appeal.

I don't think it's that cheap, rather it's well priced.

safrane

Extra 5% of what...
worse ride in the GS on roads
less of a GT and not quite a sports car
no more performance in the GS - same brakes and gearbox (on facelift), no more MPH
fragility of wheels
Just some spoilers that are not to everyones taste and some less comfortable seats.

If you are throwing it round a track the GS is 5% better but no where else TBH. And if all I wanted was a track car it would not be a Maserati

outrun

Well, I can tell you that the GS pushes my buttons in a way that the 4200 has never done. The spoilers, adjustable suspension, faster gear change, lovely carbon interior etc make it into something special IMHO.

Of course each appeals to a different person in different ways but when choosing a car like a Maserati, for me it's as much about emotion as it is about practicalities and reality.

Every manufacturer has a version of the same. The 540 is amazing, the M5 is special. The 335 is great, the M3/4 is better. The Cayman S is nice, the Cayman R is wow.

safrane

Agree...each to their own, my first 4200, a revised 2003 model was quite raw. My second a 2005 facelift was perfect for me. Trim was a wonderful combo of black and tan. It had the GS gearbox revisions, a GS Front splitter and a x pipe which gave me the best of both worlds...now on a 2006 GS which has yet to prove it's self to be anything more than a crashy over bumps version of the last car with some plastic bits and bobs bolted to it with a noisy exhaust.

GeoffCapes

Get it on finance lads! What wrong with you all? 13k? Tempted to add it to the 3200 as a stable mate :)

I don't like buying cars on finance. By the time you've paid it off, it's worth less than you paid.
And as a 'toy' I'd prefer to pay cash.

safrane

Can Xenons be retrofitted?

Factory style up grade about £3k including new lights, xenon equipped wishbones and self leveling and a new front bumper and wash system.

Aftermarket about £150 for a good quality CAMBUS system but MOT may cause issues...many threads and views on subject.