4200 looking good value

D Walker

Lol - I am due a kicking!!!!
The interior just does not do it for me - but I think rockits is keen.

Contigo

Sponsor
What is wrong with the interior? Jeez!

Can you consternate any more Dave? You gave no Maser, this is a Maser, it will make you Happy.
You could but this, drive it for a year and move if on for the same price in a year so low is the asking.

Offer low and you may be surprised, a facelift is a rare thing these days.

D Walker

Phil,
To me this is probably going to be my one and only shot at buying a Maser.
I just can't see past the grey. It may look better in the flesh but I have not seen any thus far.
Like you say it could be a good buy for a year but it's not for me.
May end up costing me more in long run but there you go.

conaero

Forum Owner
If the interior bothers you that much it can be colour change for about £700, that's everythig recoloured so it would look like new in a colour of your choice.

It's such a good deal any of you lot should have had this one in the bag by now if you were serious.

You snooze, you lose!

D Walker

How does re-colouring work?

Is it a dye - Is it permanent.

I am serious but compromise "Is a fools way of settling for second best"

Dave

rockits

Alex told me it was sold yesterday and he is just waiting for funds to clear into his account. Does some know something I don't?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
About time it sold, it was a great car last time I saw it, albeit 25k miles ago. Someone has got a good deal.

conaero

Forum Owner
How does re-colouring work?

Is it a dye - Is it permanent.

I am serious but compromise "Is a fools way of settling for second best"

Dave

obviously they don't breed red, blue or what ever coloured cows so the colour is a rubberised coating.

This is sprayed on. You can buy and do yourself or get a company to do it for you. The paint can be sponged on or sprayed. Seats are prepped and cleaned and a scotch pad is used to key it. Then it's masked up either the in situ or on the bench and gets about 3 coats then a sealing paste.

It's not expensive at all.

I personally would remove all the panels and seats and leave the dash in situ as its a big job to remove.

D Walker

Oh okay - Thanks for explaining about the cows thing (lol)

I was not sure / or understood how you could re-dye leather - I suppose it makes sense as I have had one of mine repaired before.

MAF260

A great deal for the new buyer, it was a cheap car at the asking price given that Dicky sold it 2.5 years ago for £22k (with 35k miles) and it's had a fortune spent since keeping it in good condition. Interiors can be recoloured or even changed. A navy 4200 interior has been knocking about on eBay for ages at little money and I sold a set of tan 4200 heated memory front seats with brand new leather from Maserati for just £400 recently.

Cars like this at this price do not come along very often; they're called bargains. As Matt said - you snooze, you lose!!

D Walker

Rockits - Post 40, Contigo 23.46 last night.

Alex not sold it yet, wtf are you waiting for? Anyone who doesn't have a Maser needs a kicking for not buying this.

safrane

Given how few Maserati there were (Prior to Ghibli return) and how few cars come up for sale each year; it would be foolish to discount a car on just the interior esp if you have nkt seen it in the flesh (or hide).

The vast majority look so different to the photos including in my experience the tech cloth in most colours.

Sunday train tickets are very cheep so get down and take a look...you could even ask him to bring it to the station to reduce your travel commitment.

rockits

I've just txt him for clarification as thought it could be a bit early for some Sun morning for a call. As far as I was told at end of play yesterday it had gone.

rockits

Dave

Which one do you want....this one or the 2007 one. If we take one each and keep it in the forum membership everyone will be happy.

Dean

rockits

No worries, I thought it had gone so if so I'll move on. If not I will likely get down there. Did you fancy the 2007 one? Bit more cash but more my colour.