Fed up with waiting

BJL

Can't wait any longer for Meridien to find a good nearly new ff with low miles in the right colour combo so have firmed up on my build date and it will be delivered in July which by the time it is prepped will be August so 1st Sept reg date.

Apparently there are only 135 FFs in the country and only a dozen or so are Silverstone and only 4 of those have beige full leather so I suppose I was asking quite a lot in expecting to find one at substantially less than new cost without a million miles on it or a history of being used as a hack or worse (press car).

So the bullit has been bit and the build schedule started............chuffed is slightly an understatement........tempered by a squeaky clapper moment.

Spec is;
Silverstone Grey, full beige leather throughout with grey stitching, beige carpets, black calipers, diamond cut wheels, cameras and all the other options to make life easier.

Letting the California go back to Meridien this week as part of the deal as no point putting more miles on for the sake of it.

Hey ho .......happy days

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Well done! Good move and great spec. I think they look great in Silverstone. Red is hopeless on the FF but grey looks fantastic.

It's going to be a long 9 months, though.

outrun

My favourite current car, good for you Barrie. When my numbers come in (note my optimism), I'm having one of these as a family car. Bike racks, winter tyres and all.

And a Stradale for the weekend.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I had a thrash with an FF round some of the backroads where I live and I'd say that an FF would suit well for the weekend as well as the week. The big advantage of the Strad is the reduced number of seats, so you could reduce by 2/3 the number of people shouting **** ****** ****, slow the **** down. Which would help you focus more on the joy of driving and the exquisite exhaust note.

hoyin

Me too. Love the FF. Would definitely get it in a grey as well.

Well done. Very happy for you.

bigbob

I followed an FF through the Perthshire countryside recently (three digits then a letter S if anyone knows it). I really like them so understand your choice.

BJL

Well done! Good move and great spec. I think they look great in Silverstone. Red is hopeless on the FF but grey looks fantastic.

It's going to be a long 9 months, though.

Cheers......you're right there.

BJL

Thanks all.

Not sure about one detail though and I've got to make my mind up by next week.
Caliper colours. I had gallio on the cali with the diamond cut wheels and they look good but for some reason I specced black and now I'm not so sure...........bl00dy decisions.

Team GCR

Thanks all.

Not sure about one detail though and I've got to make my mind up by next week.
Caliper colours. I had gallio on the cali with the diamond cut wheels and they look good but for some reason I specced black and now I'm not so sure...........bl00dy decisions.

Have you specced Scuderia shields? If so I would go with the yellow calipers as the two splashes of yellow should work well on the grey.

BJL

Yes I have and looking on the ff configurator they do look better than the black.

Andyk

Barrie, what a car......Love them..so much presence on the road and that engine. Well done.

Andyk

Cheers Andy. Look forward to showing it off at the Ace.

Dick Lovett had a black one with red leather, rear seat entertainment....just fell in love with it ..... A Ferrari that the whole family can go out on...Perfect.

BJL

Just got back from Austria driving FFs around a frozen lake and through a mountain forest. Drifting at 85 mph in a brand new car. Pure fantasy stuff all provided by Ferrari. Brilliant.

Attachments

• 20150209_094616.jpg
    20150209_094616.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150209_114554.jpg
    20150209_114554.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 8