MC Stradale - blue

Andyk

What and all run naked around the show room with a finger up our bum....or just the grand...

Bowker Maserati

A new clutch after just 23k miles? Worn out or some other issue?

The clutch is more than 50% worn and knowing these cars and the way they are driven we feel its wise to replace so the new owner will have no issues (as long as they drive it appropriately)

The previous owner was hoping it would drive as his previous Mercedes, ie Start, engage drive and go! As we all know this gearbox takes a bit more work, but it is worth it

Obviously it add as a massive plus point with eh resale as well.............

Just to clarify what has been said the warranty is with Warrantywise as we all know Maserati wont extend the warranty on these cars

Gary

Bowker Maserati

That must be the stoopidest fing I've ever read. Couldn't live with it? What is wrong with some people!

Gary - will swap immaculate and utterly easy to live with GTS MC, two children and the contents of my pockets for your hard to live with Strad. Deal?

Oh.. just a thought.. in what manner was the previous own trying to live with it? If in the Biblical sense then I can understand he may have struggled. And if so maybe I don't want it after all.

Unfortunately a lot of people do come into our showroom stating that they want the full MC Shift gearbox in the GT. Usually someone has told them its the best one to have!
As we know it takes a lot of work and effort to get the best from this version. Most people prefer the MC Auto after trying both versions.
it is not a case of Start, engage drive and nail it.

We do try and ensure customers get what will really suit their driving style and what they really need the car to do. And not what their mate has said is the best version.

This was the case with this car, it just didnt suit what the customer wanted and needed

Gary

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I refer you to my previous offer, Gary. Which is substantially better than Andy's offer, if less interesting on YouTube. Go on... you know it makes sense. I might even chuck in a pushbike. :smile:

What about that clutch - was it worn out or in some way defective?

Andyk

Gary, doesn't seem like the previous owner did much research on the model...I know we are all different but how could you not be moved by the noise once you have engaged the sport button....Just pure pleasure..Either way you get a lovely Stradale in the show room.....Sure she will sell.......

OH and promise I will not run around you show room with my finger up my bottom......

EXCF350

The previous owner was hoping it would drive as his previous Mercedes, ie Start, engage drive and go! As we all know this gearbox takes a bit more work, but it is worth it
Had the previous owner never heard of test driving a car? It would have been obvious how different the MC Shift gearbox was!

bigbob

Had the previous owner never heard of test driving a car? It would have been obvious how different the MC Shift gearbox was!

It's amazing how many people buy a car without a test drive. Quite possibly someone wanted a GranTurismo because it looked nice (great so far) and then had to have the top of the range. That's why when anyone asks for advice on buying a GranTurismo I always say they need to drive both gearboxes to see which suits them best as one is clearly not better than the other on a universal basis.

hodroyd

Now should I buy it, or maybe not, or should I, well possibly not, but it would be nice, expensive though, but it will appreciate maybe, that's right it might, or it could cost money, well all cars do, so should I buy it, well you could, or maybe wait, then it might be sold and you lose it, yes that's right I should jump in now, but I have some bills coming up, well don't we all, get it bought....INDECISIONS...INDECISIONS...!!!

Contigo

Sponsor
Now should I buy it, or maybe not, or should I, well possibly not, but it would be nice, expensive though, but it will appreciate maybe, that's right it might, or it could cost money, well all cars do, so should I buy it, well you could, or maybe wait, then it might be sold and you lose it, yes that's right I should jump in now, but I have some bills coming up, well don't we all, get it bought....INDECISIONS...INDECISIONS...!!!

Man maths at its finest, coupled with the ramblings of a blithering idiot it really does make perfect sense!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
A glimpse of the inner workings of Rob's mind is a scary thing. But the man is without peer as a wise and learned sage should one's man-maths ever weaken.

Maser Sod

Dammit, the Stradale is still an itch I must scratch. I have a 4C and two kidneys to barter with!

outrun

I've had a serious think about it too!! I think I need to wait a little longer for my planets to align. I promised myself that when they start with a 5, I would do it.

Patience. All good things come to those who wait.

Andyk

Dammit, the Stradale is still an itch I must scratch. I have a 4C and two kidneys to barter with!

MS, your 4C must be worth 50k all day long...maybe more looking at the classifieds....15/16k to find.........Go on....