Conaero's Spider Rebuild

allandwf

Thanks. I'll look into getting mine done. As it's the first thing you see when you open the bonnet, they do need to be shiney. I looked for somewhere local(ish,), but failed.

conaero

Forum Owner
Update:

Yesterday I managed to fit the injector clips properly and also the new re chromed inlet flutes.

Just have to fit the oil cooler pipes and rear manifold and she is ready to go back in today.

As soon as its bolted back in I will bleed the brakes and clutch to make sure it all works before I start screwing down the engine fully and refitting all the pipes and ancillaries.

lisknik

Update:

Yesterday I managed to fit the injector clips properly and also the new re chromed inlet flutes.

Just have to fit the oil cooler pipes and rear manifold and she is ready to go back in today.

As soon as its bolted back in I will bleed the brakes and clutch to make sure it all works before I start screwing down the engine fully and refitting all the pipes and ancillaries.

Nice going Matt, can't wait to see her :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Well worked bloomin hard today, 8hrs straight:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The main issue was the oil cooler pipes I had refurbished were very bent out of shape. In the end brute force and some heat saw them back to where the need to be, just hope they are not ruptured but I am pretty satisfied they are ok.

After that it went a bit easier. Driveshafts, clutch, gear selectors, AC lines, ps lines and most of the wiring and the engine mounts are all done.

Big jobs now are refitting the exhaust back to front and put the heavy subframe back in but I might start the car before I do that...hum, v6 with only cat manifolds on, should be interesting. Also have to fit all the rads and cooling lines too.

Good progress though.

MAF260

Great work, mate. Those chromed pipes really set it off and the rest of the bay looks rather spotless. Can't wait to see this in the flesh.

philw696

Well done Matt.
I love to see what can be achieved at home.
Even when I could easily use the business workshop anytime I always preferred doing my own projects privately at home even if it meant a bit more of a struggle.

Andyk

Well worked bloomin hard today, 8hrs straight:

View attachment 28543

View attachment 28544

The main issue was the oil cooler pipes I had refurbished were very bent out of shape. In the end brute force and some heat saw them back to where the need to be, just hope they are not ruptured but I am pretty satisfied they are ok.

After that it went a bit easier. Driveshafts, clutch, gear selectors, AC lines, ps lines and most of the wiring and the engine mounts are all done.

Big jobs now are refitting the exhaust back to front and put the heavy subframe back in but I might start the car before I do that...him, v6 with only cat manifolds on, should be interesting. Also have to fit all the rads and cooling lines too.

Good progress though.

Those chrome pipes on the V6 are just lovely.....They don't make em like that anymore...Shame..............Looking good Matt.

philw696

Morning Andy it's the same with the cast alloy manifolds on the proper dry sumped Maserati against the new plastic ones.
Sadly plastic will never look good.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice indeed! And if you decide to start it before fitting the exhaust don't forget to make a video.