Alfaholics 14th Spring Trackday 2015

lisknik

Maser Sod

Should be able to make this one, barring any work oddities.

Where in Clevedon is the workshop?

luckesGTV6

Hi all,
This is my third year and first outing of the season and I'm looking forward to it, as always,
It's good to watch the 'classic' Alfas, usually several from different parts of Europe, doing their thing on track and loads of Alfisti to chat to in the paddock so well worth a visit.
Personally, I don't mind if it drizzles (again) for the parade laps (4?) - it makes it much more interesting on that surface!!
It used to be well rolled granite chippings in tar, cow muck in places, chestnut palings along the edge and no chicaines when I used to go there in the 1950's - it was quite a fast track at that time.

lisknik

Hi all,
This is my third year and first outing of the season and I'm looking forward to it, as always,
It's good to watch the 'classic' Alfas, usually several from different parts of Europe, doing their thing on track and loads of Alfisti to chat to in the paddock so well worth a visit.
Personally, I don't mind if it drizzles (again) for the parade laps (4?) - it makes it much more interesting on that surface!!
It used to be well rolled granite chippings in tar, cow muck in places, chestnut palings along the edge and no chicaines when I used to go there in the 1950's - it was quite a fast track at that time.

I know someone that span a 3.2 gtv on the parade lap a couple of years ago!! :)

luckesGTV6

Spin?? Surely you jest Nick. Chance would be a fine thing. ;)

I must confess though that last year with a meagre 3 litres I nearly got caught out by someone who, from a brisk walking pace, braked hard for Quarry Corner.

I guess that I owe the catlike reaction to the excellent driver training available locally from the sheep, deer and wild boar wandering on the Forest of Dean roads 24/7.

I always look forward to some amusment on summer days when white knuckled 'townies' knock my door to report that there are sheep on the road. Shock, Horror!! (Don't they read the road signs?)
Occasionally I think that their pale faces and drawn lips may be revealing their thoughts on my flippant response to their concern. (I suffer a most vivid imagination :)

Let's hope it proves to be a good day once more. Not long now!

lisknik

It will be a good day, always is :) Those sheep in the forest are a pain in the ****!!

I jest not, it really did happen, was pissing down. Heard on the jungle drums today Combe has been resurfaced, don't know how true that is but if it is will be very slippy ;)

Maser Sod

It's back again, 11th of Aprill 2015, so set it in your Diary folks :)

http://www.alfaholics.com/2014/12/alfaholics-14th-spring-track-day-castle-combe-11th-april-2015/

Fantastic to watch the historic cars round the track, 4 lap parade lap at lunch time for the spectators. The day before the workshop in Clevedon has a open day for anybody about :)

Pics from last year - <http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Lisknik/slideshow/Facebook/Alfaholics Trackday 2014

Nick

What are the details for the Friday? I checked on the alfaholics website and it says to turn up by appointment only?

lisknik

What are the details for the Friday? I checked on the alfaholics website and it says to turn up by appointment only?

As far as I am aware it is just an open day to turn up and look, will send Jim a message to find out for sure, couple of years ago it was just turn up, fantastic workshop :)

Info from the website -

Alfaholics Open Day!

Following the great success of our pre-track day gathering last year, we will once again be organising an open day at Alfaholics on Friday 10th April – the day before the track day. Owners of 105 series Alfas are very welcome to attend and enjoy a sociable day. We will be providing lunch for everyone and drinks (including espressos!) will be available all day.

It will be a great opportunity to view the huge range of standard and performance parts we offer and also to see the various car build and race preparation projects we are undertaking in our workshops. In addition, all the Alfaholics road, track day and race cars will be available to view.

We will also have one of our ramps available throughout the day for anyone wishing to have a free pre track-day check-up! The full Alfaholics team will be on hand to offer advice and assistance.

luckesGTV6

Heard on the jungle drums today Combe has been resurfaced, don't know how true that is but if it is will be very slippy ;)

:battered: The Lord preserve us all, what with the rain an' all if it comes! To be sure now, will the 'very slippy' be worse than the very slippy it was before they may have resurfaced it?

I had thought the Clevedon event was an 'open house' day, in order to showcase Alfaholics facilities.

(Apologies I- was slow in posting this and it's out of date)

Last edited:

safrane

Track has already been used this year...I was in the village on the weekend of the 17 March and you could hear the cars hooning along the track...so they will have already taken the gloss off the surface as long as you stick to the track line...there is also lots of space etween the edge of the track and those sill tax payer funded panels which gwt a higher return for their grant if they are not used fully...waste of money rent over!

conaero

Forum Owner
Can't do this one, maybe next year. Over at Dems taking him out to cheer him up.

lisknik

Right, meeting Tan and Mike just off Junction 18 in the layby by the Compass Inn at 9.30 am for anybody who would like to join us :)

Tan and Mike can meet up with the Welsh peeps at Magor at 9 ish :)

safrane

If its dry and I have a rental car I may pop over for a shuftee...but not too early.

Maser Sod

What are the details for getting in? It's not an open event as such, so I'm wondering if anyone can turn up, whether there is a charge, etc. May show up with 4 or 5.