QP Confusion

Andyk

Just checked there are 3 "humps" on front face of caliper, I guess these are the pots and will be 3 on other side?

Chris, wasn't yours the black one for sale at the Maserati dealer in Ireland......Now the advert has gone but I'm sure yours was a Sport GTS...

Dyer3200

The black one at Charles Hurst looks very similar to mine - looking at the caliper I would say it's a Sport GT

Andyk

So they must ave had the chrome blackened. Is the exhaust black or just not shiny...Can not make it out.

timpani

thats looks like a GTS front discs and calipers to me ( have a look at the silver car sport GT also on the link and you will see the marked difference) and the body has the black chrome window surround, the black exhaust tips and body colour doorhandles so i think you have a GTS as all these were not possible to spec on another car, the full leather is an option so no alcantara is normal, nice car, one other small thing the back tyres were 295/30 on a GTS rather than 285/30 on all the others due to slightly wider rims

Dyer3200

Very strange the calipers on mine are similar to the GTS and nothing like the silver GT - my car was originally supplied by CH Belfast and I have a contact there so easy enough to find out - the other main difference would be the price a GTS would be more expensive

ChrisQP09

Very strange the calipers on mine are similar to the GTS and nothing like the silver GT - my car was originally supplied by CH Belfast and I have a contact there so easy enough to find out - the other main difference would be the price a GTS would be more expensive

Well the Silver one was the same price as mine with less miles and younger too being registered in 10/2010 as opposed to 05/2009.

Andyk

No Chris, all of your model QP's were 4.2's so the same colour engine block...It was the 4.7 on the next QP that the colour changed....

As far as price...the 32k mark is top money for a Sport GTS I would say...Unless you look at the one at Meridien which is a silly 36k......There have been a few Sport GTS for sale over here from 25k to 27k.......The cars do look a lot more expensive over with you Chris...

Does you car have the dark finish exhaust tips.....All Sport GTS had black tips not silver....

Andyk

You have a Sport GTS then mate if they are black......The best of the 4.2's as far as I'm concerned....

ChrisQP09

You have a Sport GTS then mate if they are black......The best of the 4.2's as far as I'm concerned....

Well, a new twist it seems I dont know my alcantara from suede, the headlining is suede but tips are def black as are the door surrounds.

Andyk

Def a Sport GTS my friend......The headlining in suede was an option.........door surround and tips give it away. As I mentioned before yours had been upgraded to full leather as most Sport GTS customers did...although not sure how many are out there...Not that many I would say...That's a great car you have there.

Enjoy.....

rs48635

No Chris, all of your model QP's were 4.2's so the same colour engine block...It was the 4.7 on the next QP that the colour changed....

As far as price...the 32k mark is top money for a Sport GTS I would say...Unless you look at the one at Meridien which is a silly 36k......There have been a few Sport GTS for sale over here from 25k to 27k.......The cars do look a lot more expensive over with you Chris...

Does you car have the dark finish exhaust tips.....All Sport GTS had black tips not silver....

Thought the significant engine change was during the Duoselect era?

The early cars have red cam covers, indicating dry-sump engine. The blue heads are wet sump (info from Roberto Grimaldi - during my PPI)
Was tehre yet another change of engine version?

hoyin

Can't you send your chassis number to Maserati and get it confirmed? Whatever it is it looks stunning.