QP Confusion

ChrisQP09

Guys ive purchased an 09 QP (Pre-facelift), the car is advertised as Sport GT but looking at the Sport GT S spec mine looks familiar bar the 4.7 engine. Mine has:

-Carbon center console, door inserts, gearknob
-Alcantara headlining
-Red accents on grill trident
-6 Point red calipers
-Dark grill mesh
-20" wheels
-Drilled discs
-Aluminum paddles and pedals

Any help would be immense, I can provide chassis # if anyone can decode?

Andyk

The first Sport GTS was your shape and had a 4.2 litre engine.....This car had a black exhaust, dark 20inch wheels some different springs, alcantara to seats, steering wheel, and the window surround was black not silver, etc.....Your shape car never came with a 4.7 that was the face lift car including the Sport GTS...

The Sport GT (your car) had carbon fibre and the bits above............The silver car they have for sale is advertised as a 4.7 but its not...its a 4.2.

There is another QP thread on here where I listed the spec of the SPort GT...I will try and find it as it tells you the spec and all the options with price.....

ChrisQP09

informative thanks man.

So I am correct in saying only two QP options exist with pre-facelift:

Executive GT
Sport GT

Andyk

Found it...Here is the spec etc of the Exec GT and Sport GT...

Standard on an Exec GT - RRP £83195

Six speed duo select
Skyhook
19 inch 9 spoke design wheels in ball polish
Maserati stability control
Poltrona Frau leather and rosewood interior trim with alcantara headlining
Bi- Xenon lights
Auto headlight with lighting sensor
Autowindscreen sensor
Six airbags
Laminated glass
External grills in Chrome
Electric front seats
Rear seats with electric adjust, heating and massage
Info centre with 6.5 screen
CD with full sat nav system
Bose
Wood rimmed steering wheel and hand break
Climate control
Electric rear sun blind
Rear side window sun blind
Folding rear table
Cruise control
Imobiliser and Nav track

You could have also added the Sports package for £1657 which includes:
Tyre pressure monitor system
Drilled brake discs
Titanium colour calipers
Metal braided brake hoses and sports suspension tuning

Standard on Sports GT - RRP £80595

Six speed duo select (35% quicker than standard and Exec Gt)
Skyhook
20 inch 7 spoke design wheels.
Maserati stability control
Poltrona Frau leather
Carbon fibre trim to dashboard, front and rear centre console and doors
Bi- Xenon lights with washer jets.
Auto headlight with lighting sensor
Autowindscreen sensor
Six airbags
Laminated glass
External grills in Black
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Metal braided brake hoses
Cross drilled brake discs
Titanium calipers
Electric front seats
Rear seats with electric adjust.
Info centre with 6.5 screen
CD with full sat nav system
Bose
Multi function leather steering wheel
Climate control
Electric rear sun blind
Cruise control
Imobiliser and Nav track
Sports exhaust system

You could add the executive package for £5781 to include:

Rear seat comfort package heating ventilation and massage.
Rear climate control.
Rear side window sun blind
Rear folding tables.

The rear seat entertainment package for both Sport and Exec GT which was a DVD player cost £5290.

There was then a massive option list...If you have an option that is not listed in the standard spec let me know as I can tell you how much it cost when new...

Andyk

To be honest not many came out with the standard spec as you could change almost anything...Most don't have the alcantara as customers went full leather...I see if i can find the option list and prices as well....

ChrisQP09

To be honest not many came out with the standard spec as you could change almost anything...Most don't have the alcantara as customers went full leather...I see if i can find the option list and prices as well....

great help there, I understand mine to have red stitching also which is a nice touch :).

Regards to the "Sport" button, can anyone shed detail on what changes please? I know it stiffens the suspension and possibly makes gear ratios longer and quicker to change?

drewf

Doesn't change the gear ratios, but it does stiffen the suspension, makes the gear changes faster, and reduces the traction control settings. It doesn't make the exhaust any louder.

drewf

It makes a fair difference to the suspension - Miles commented just how much harder it was in sport mode when we were out in Italy. There was something about calling his osteopath... :D

ChrisQP09

Doesn't change the gear ratios, but it does stiffen the suspension, makes the gear changes faster, and reduces the traction control settings. It doesn't make the exhaust any louder.

no open valves :( not to worry still sounds killer. I suspect then the sport button may not be the smartest choice in wet conditions haha.

drewf

Not that big a problem. They are pretty keen to light up the rear tyres on greasy roads, but I use sport mode most of the time other than that, even in the rain. It doesn't switch the traction control off... That's a different option ;)

The Ice mode is useful when the roads are greasy, particularly for being able to pull away from a junction without loads of drama.

ChrisQP09

Not that big a problem. They are pretty keen to light up the rear tyres on greasy roads, but I use sport mode most of the time other than that, even in the rain. It doesn't switch the traction control off... That's a different option ;)

The Ice mode is useful when the roads are greasy, particularly for being able to pull away from a junction without loads of drama.

I thought it was only the Gran Turismo had the ice mode. Where is this located in the cabin? This is great news, cant wait to play with new toy

drewf

It's on the button below Sport and above MSP off on the right of the centre console. Looks like a car with skid marks behind it.

Simon

I thought it was only the Gran Turismo had the ice mode. Where is this located in the cabin? This is great news, cant wait to play with new toy

Don't get excited, from what I remember all it does it put the car in 2nd gear much sooner. (only used it once as my car is a garage queen).

Simon

Well there were 4 all together

Standard QP
Exec GT
Sport GT
Sport GTS

Here is a 4.2 Sport GTS....

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi.../page/5/usedcars/model/quattroporte?logcode=p

Original launch QP.

Then in 2006 Exec GT and Sports GT , basically options packaged together for a set price in the case of the Exec GT. The Sports GT had drilled brake discs, different x-pipe in exhaust system which was claimed to increase power by 5 bhp. Each had a slightly different front grill. I have a pdf of the brochures if you want, just PM me your email address.

The Sport GT-S was slightly different, automatic only (no DS) and no Skyhook suspension (all earlier cars had it by default and it wasn't deletable).

As for trim options, 100's, 1000's combinations, you could even have custom colours (for a price).