Granturismo Sat Nav update options?

StuartW

Sorry I have been quiet on this thread but the disc update was arduous and midway, did cause me problems. I was eventually emailed some instructions to load the discs and followed them closely, loading all 11 discs, each taking around 45 minutes. It involves a 'key off' and a 'net off' followed by a pause of 15 minutes between each disc and if there is an error during the upload process, it can result in the NIT unit freezing which mine did. If it can't be re-set, that's your NIT unit knackered and mine did freeze. Fortunately, it came back on but it did give me a major cause for concern which is why I have not offered these discs out for people to borrow in case there was a glitch with one mf my discs.

That said, everything is working fine now but it might be better to stick with phone apps or a stand alone unit which are probably way better anyway.

Good luck!

mcs

Sorry I have been quiet on this thread but the disc update was arduous and midway, did cause me problems. I was eventually emailed some instructions to load the discs and followed them closely, loading all 11 discs, each taking around 45 minutes. It involves a 'key off' and a 'net off' followed by a pause of 15 minutes between each disc and if there is an error during the upload process, it can result in the NIT unit freezing which mine did. If it can't be re-set, that's your NIT unit knackered and mine did freeze. Fortunately, it came back on but it did give me a major cause for concern which is why I have not offered these discs out for people to borrow in case there was a glitch with one mf my discs.

That said, everything is working fine now but it might be better to stick with phone apps or a stand alone unit which are probably way better anyway.

Good luck!

Sounds like a nightmare! Thanks for the update. My iphone works perfectly fine :)

stevo

So whats the outcome? I really need the update as it is really annoying having a fitted sat nav you cannot rely upon or use your phone sat nav. I would like to get in on any deal that is going for updated discs.

StuartW

The outcome is that I bought these discs for myself originally as opposed to being a group buy as such but I was going to offer them out to anyone who wished to borrow them to update their own.

However, with the problems I had I don't want to do that now because if someone's NIT unit did freeze, rendering not only the navigation useless but the CD player, radio & jukebox too, there would be no comeback at all as the discs weren't bought by them. I bought them from Graypaul in Edinburgh and they were very helpful in talking me through the issues I had and arranged for me to go into my local MD for a reset to hopefully cure the problem if it came to it but of course, this service wouldn't be offered to someone borrowing them from someone else who bought them.

Maybe this is why a MD usually charges so much for the update, perhaps they carry out the updates themselves on sight as the discs don't come with any instructions.

Sorry to anyone who was going to take me up on this but I hope you understand and it is for the best I'm sure

Thatch

All

I bought a set of 2014 update discs for my 2007 GT from Graypaul last year for £366, they loaded fine, no instructions but no problems, just a bit long winded!

If anyone is local to me and wants to load them, I'm happy to meet up and share them.

I'm out at my place in Spain until the kids go back to school, first week in September, but happy to arrange meets after that

Hi there JSCambs - did anything come out of your kind offer?

Did anyone try to share your discs (and cost of course) and were successful?

I realise the original poster did describe the risks of doing this.