Granturismo Sat Nav update options?

bigbob

Really worth it? Obviously with BMW the volumes sold are massively more so easier to find.

mcs

Really worth it? Obviously with BMW the volumes sold are massively more so easier to find.

I'll never know if it's worth it until I do it...I use mine as a daily driver and have now had numerous occaisions where the nav is out of date especially around Central London. Luckily my Iphone 6 comes to the rescue but if I can reasonably update the nav firmware and maps I'd do it.

bigbob

I'll never know if it's worth it until I do it...I use mine as a daily driver and have now had numerous occaisions where the nav is out of date especially around Central London. Luckily my Iphone 6 comes to the rescue but if I can reasonably update the nav firmware and maps I'd do it.

Is that those Chelsea Squares which are now spelt in Russian?

mcs

You could by several decent sat navs and keep them up to date for years.

C

Yes very true that and my iphone does the job just fine but having the Sat Nav and not being able to use it really bugs the life out of me :)

CatmanV2

Yes very true that and my iphone does the job just fine but having the Sat Nav and not being able to use it really bugs the life out of me :)

Welcome to my world. I have CDO. It's a bit like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical orders. Like they should be.

C

mcs

I've asked my BMW contact if he can get hold of Maserati Nav updates as he carries pretty much all manufacturer back up discs ;) Will let you know how I get on...Not sure if I am allowed to mention the word's "group buy" here :) ?

StuartW

Did anything ever come of this mcs or did you go ahead and buy updates from elsewhere?

The maps in my car are the original 2007/08 version and are hopelessly out of date so I'd be keen on updating
cheers

mcs

It was hidously expensive so I just use my Iphone now as I have unlimited data :numberone:

StuartW

Just to let you know I bought a full set of 2014 discs from Graypaul Edinburgh for £140 which I thought was a decent enough price. I know the Nav system on these is not the best but I can't be doing with wires draped around and another gadget to secure when the car already has one on board