Granturismo Sat Nav update options?

mcs

Just to let you know I bought a full set of 2014 discs from Graypaul Edinburgh for £140 which I thought was a decent enough price. I know the Nav system on these is not the best but I can't be doing with wires draped around and another gadget to secure when the car already has one on board

Wow thats a fantastic price! Do you have a part number please? I was quoted £520!

StuartW

Yes, I was very pleased. Give them a call, they may have more. I dealt with Ricky & the part number is 940000376, good luck

StuartW

And there was me contemplating a TomTom. Easy update, Stuart?

Easy but long winded Adam. You get a set of I think 10+ discs (UK, France, Italy, Spain & Portugal, Scandinavia etc), each has to be loaded individually and then copied across using the on screen instructions. I have done 3 so far, each taking about half an hour - I did them while I was changing over my 20 wheel bolts! The version you have can be seen on the info screen, mine were 2007 / 2008, and these are 2013 / 2014.

Come to think of it, I wonder if they can be re-used on another car after they have been used for the first time or if they one of these clever use once security blocks written into to them like computer anti virus software does for example? Might be worth a try once I have updated all of mine - can anyone clever shed ay light on this?

Keano

Happy to test them on my 2009 QP - Peterborough based so not far from you i think

granturismo

Love the sharing spirit :) I doubt they would lock themselves if there is no other activation (online) required. Worth a try :)

StuartW

Ditto. Happy to split the cost

Ok, let me get them all loaded in and test them on some new'ish roads around here to make sure they're ok and we can go from there. But yes, sounds like a good plan to me

mcs

Ok, let me get them all loaded in and test them on some new'ish roads around here to make sure they're ok and we can go from there. But yes, sounds like a good plan to me

Awesome thanks...happy to split costs too maybe a pass the parcel game where we all chip in and get map updates :)

StuartW

Sorry to have not got back to everyone on this as yet. To be honest, I have had a few problems with the installation process - there were no instructions supplied with the discs and I installed them following the on screen instructions but that did not work.
Graypaul have spoken to head office and they are going to email me a step by step pdf of what to do which involves a key-off and a NIT-off procedure which surely should have been included in the sealed set of discs when I got them?

Anyway, once I have got round to doing this and installing the 11 separate discs, I'll be back in touch with a plan

Thanks all

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Stuart. I had read of "challenges" loading these. To be honest it's my one concern - I don't want to stuff it up and with no dealer back up. "Oh, so a bunch of you decided to share the disks between you, eh? And now you've bolloxed your media centre / satnav thingy..."

StuartW

Thanks Stuart. I had read of "challenges" loading these. To be honest it's my one concern - I don't want to stuff it up and with no dealer back up. "Oh, so a bunch of you decided to share the disks between you, eh? And now you've bolloxed your media centre / satnav thingy..."

Yes, I completely see your point Adam. However, Matt tells me that he has a 2011 set so perhaps Matt you can tell us if the disc set was used by multiple cars and if there were any problems?

stevo

I am happy to share as well once it is all sorted as I am getting annoyed not being able to use the inbuilt system eeven though I have sat nav on my phone. I have 09 GT.

jscambs

All

I bought a set of 2014 update discs for my 2007 GT from Graypaul last year for £366, they loaded fine, no instructions but no problems, just a bit long winded!

If anyone is local to me and wants to load them, I'm happy to meet up and share them.

I'm out at my place in Spain until the kids go back to school, first week in September, but happy to arrange meets after that

hoyin

I assume the disks only do a map update and don't change the usability of it in anyway?

Think I will stick to using the sat nav on my phone. As it reroutes according to traffic ahead and is so much better than a tomtom as well.

You guys should seriously try it. It is called "Waze".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk