3200 Knock Sensor

Boomerang_GT

Oh, I just called Bosch service and they said I should be able to return it.
On Ebay I would not get even half of what I paid since I paid more than the 80€ that it would probably cost without the housing part that needs to come off anyway.

At least I hope the old knock sensors were really faulty since I finally want to have full power!

Boomerang_GT

Bosch or Valeo it makes no difference nowadays.. the problem in the old days was when the field coils were glued on to the outer body of the starter motor, when they got hot over time the glue failed and jammed the coils to the armature, the whole thing then destroyed its self

Nowadays on new starter motors the field coils are clipped into place and never fail

Dave

Thanks Dave for this information!
So I assume the 2014 Starter I found in mine should be one of the new generation?

davy83

Once the knock sensors are gone it really does mess up the engine, so you should feel a pretty big difference.

Tamariini

Once the knock sensors are gone it really does mess up the engine, so you should feel a pretty big difference.

Do these give error code when they're gone or is periodic change best option just to make sure they work?

CatmanV2

Do these give error code when they're gone or is periodic change best option just to make sure they work?

Oh they'll give you an error code all over I suspect. I guess it depends on how they fail. Worst case you'll hear the engine start pinking.

C

Trev Latter

You'll get CELs pop up randomly accompanied by a noticeable reduction in power. When mine failed, it never went into a full blown limp mode and the CEL would appear and disappear almost at random. It did also give an error code. As others have said, whilst in there , consider changing the starter and the hoses/clips. I took advantage of fitting a full set of silicone hoses on mine whilst I had the system drained down.

Boomerang_GT

At least it paid off changing the pinging sensors. They looked old and damaged by water.
I sealed the new ones with sealant. Let’s hope it will extend their lifes.
69C29D40-EC45-4D03-8A7A-FED3BB2429BA.jpg
F8A2FF0C-F8CE-49EA-BD77-EAB4A97AC3A9.jpg

Boomerang_GT

So everything is back together but unfortunately the check engine light did not intend to go away. On the first ride I immediately noticed the missing off the turbo fluttering which I had very loudly before. Most probably the person that changed the starter forgot to put the small vacuum hose for the pop off waves on or maybe it slipped down when fitting the intake manifold. It also happened to me several times and I had to be very careful not to lose the small hose.
But I did not notice any improvement in performance. As soon as the turbo’s came in it felt like the pedal was lifted very quickly and in a pulsating way. Still I continue Driving on a quiet Mountain Road when suddenly the check engine light disappeared and I immediately felt so much boost like I never felt before. I was really enthusiastic because I knew now the engine is running perfect. In order to find the missing horsepower, I also set the valve timing and changed the lambda sensors too.
It was about time to check the performance and I floored the throttle and redlined the engine.
Finally my rear wheels were begging for mercy and I coul drive corners sideways :D
Happy, happier, happiest!!!
Thanks to this forum for the awesome support!
Now my 3200 GT journey really starts! :)