4.2 GT's

StuartW

Indeed, Nuvola, ADG & Richard Grace have excellent reputations which certainly puts their cars ahead of others in the market I guess

Fangio63

as with the Coupe's before them... the good ones go like hot cakes...and always will.... some of these have a few miles under their belt now - and to my mind you'd take for granted a service history whether main dealer or independent ... but its all about how it's been looked after.. I've seen some with lots of scratches and scuffs interior and out .. always puts me off..inevitable on a 5 or 6 year old car to some extent, but you can always tell when it's previously been someones pride and joy..

The Rosso Corallo interior esp with Granito outside was specced by lots of dealers for their showroom car... plenty about in that combo... For me - and I like red inside it's a bit too in your face.. The bordeaux red far better and works a treat with Grigio Alfieri... ticks all my boxes....

As a 4.2 owner I'd like to see prices hold... when I bought mine at 18,000mls I anticipated an exit at about 36,000mls and maybe move on to a 4.7... which by then might be 5 or 6 yrs old and lost most of it's money.... When I was looking I had a few dealers tell me that they were tough to find as owners were keeping them rather longer than the previous models... was not unusual to see a coupe or a 3200 with 5 or 6 owners at 3 or 4 yrs old... This hasn't happened so much with the GT... Might be the recession or could be that drivers are realising just how good they are.... and if you did change .. then what to ?... Another one, is the conclusion most will come to..

bigbob

Agree with all of that. The 4.2 - and then 4.7 - auto makes a good car to put the miles on. Looks great, no clutch to worry about and longer service intervals.

Andyk

There is that with the Auto..4.7 and 4.2....Not dreaded 3k clutch to worry about..Didn't realise service intervals were longer as well..

dem maser

pros to be had then lets not dismiss the 4.2 completely.....with a good exhaust it does also sound good.......

Andyk

With that first GT around 29k there would not be another Maserati I would buy for that money..So much style....Add the exhaust as you said Dem and I would be happy....WOuldn't mind the auto plus it has paddles.......Driving the 645 has changed my mind on Autos to be honest....