Gransport 22995

conaero

Forum Owner
I get where your coming from BBR but for me, the band Maserati stands for luxury as well as power, and a full leather interior is a must for me and I also could not do without the Xenons.

The main difference for me and my love of Italian cars is they spend the time and effort on the bit the owner sees the most...the interior, but hey, thats just me and I am considered far from normal.

I did own a GTS with half leather and Alcantara, which did not look as good but did actually perform better as it gripped so hard it used to pull my jeans down under heavy braking and acceleration :)

rossyl

I did own a GTS with half leather and Alcantara, which did not look as good but did actually perform better as it gripped so hard it used to pull my jeans down under heavy braking and acceleration :)

Driving around with your pants down Matt...shocking stuff!

MAF260

I'd been looking for a GS on and off for some time. The colour of mine attracted me to it, but even though it's one of only 3 in yellow I wouldn't have bought it without a certain spec. I don't like tech cloth, I think it looks cheap and appears to be a cost reducer on a high-end car (sorry to anyone who has/loves it!) so full leather was a must. My old 3200 had rubbish headlights that were so feeble they were borderline dangerous in the dark so I wanted xenons. Both options can be retro-fitted, but at huge expense and hassle and so were a must on my list. As it turned out, my car has every option fitted except cruise control (weird!) and is not an LE, but is better than LE spec. I've bought a new Alfa 166 cruise control stalk to fit purely so that my car will then have no extras missing. I don't really like using cc so would imagine the only time it'll ever be used is to test it works after fitting.

safrane

So this +50 k miles thing...as these cars are (except 1 or 2) at least eight years old surely buyers are aware very few are going to be below this soon...unless they are un-used.

LDM 3200

I'm not sure I would buy a car with too low a mileage. I've seen too many such cars turn out to be a nightmare so something as potentially complicated as a Maserati would be a real worry.

conaero

Forum Owner
So this +50 k miles thing...as these cars are (except 1 or 2) at least eight years old surely buyers are aware very few are going to be below this soon...unless they are un-used.

As time goes on sure, there will be less and less in the 20's and 30's.

Life's too short to worry about it, just drive it!

Brendan

Funny how prices can be. The 996 that took me ages to sell 2 1/2 yrs ago to buy my 4200 are now a grand higher than I got for it!

Contigo

Sponsor
Common, ugly and lots of horror stories surrounding the 996. Will get to point where the good examples fetch good money but they will be few and far between. I saw a new 991 today parked next to my car and it looked gold but still very bland and non descript. 100k for a PDK C4S is taking the ****.

Andyk

I don't like the 996 and surely it's the one 911 that has not kept its value?

Unless it a C4S Dem...they have been rising in price over the last two years....You could get a good one 14k at one stage now most good ones are 20k plus.......

NO matter how you look at it and as long as it passes an inspection...this is a decent priced GS when you look at the others for sale and it you don't have a 25k plus budget for a GS this could be a chance for someone to get into a GS...

dem maser

the turbos seem to have dropped and so have the c2.....am I right? came across a 60k turbo 2001 for 17k

Andyk

THats rare then Dem as most Turbos are mid high 20's or even over 30k.....Suppose the dogs will be lower...

outrun

I'd been looking for a GS on and off for some time. The colour of mine attracted me to it, but even though it's one of only 3 in yellow I wouldn't have bought it without a certain spec. I don't like tech cloth, I think it looks cheap and appears to be a cost reducer on a high-end car (sorry to anyone who has/loves it!) so full leather was a must. My old 3200 had rubbish headlights that were so feeble they were borderline dangerous in the dark so I wanted xenons. Both options can be retro-fitted, but at huge expense and hassle and so were a must on my list. As it turned out, my car has every option fitted except cruise control (weird!) and is not an LE, but is better than LE spec. I've bought a new Alfa 166 cruise control stalk to fit purely so that my car will then have no extras missing. I don't really like using cc so would imagine the only time it'll ever be used is to test it works after fitting.

Same as mine Mark, not an LE but has everything except heated seats (?). Xenons, park sensors, full leather etc etc

Steve GS

I don't think there was an optional extra they guy who first got this car never had.
But that's not why I got my car just loved the couler. as like a fool I just see it and fell in love and bought it. Never new what it had or didn't