Gransport 22995

dem maser

I'm not a fan of the interior but that's the sort of thing I'd want you to PM me when I'm ready Andy!!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
That looks ok but is a pretty low spec. As far as I can make out, it hasn't got PDC, Xenons or seat heaters but that may be because of the tech cloth.

dem maser

Not high miles to me but it is to some people who claim these cars must have under 40k in order to call them "low miles"....with the miles and tech cloth it prob is a little top heavy, good news for current GS owners but not for those looking to buy....all round though, great news!!

Andyk

22k/22500 Dem ... and as long as its good......still makes it the cheapest out there and for me a decent buy...Subject to that inspection of course

jayblue

Hard to really tell if its a good one or not from the pictures and very limited information on the advert. No mention of the last clutch change or recent work done but if i were still looking for one i would take a look at it.

MAF260

That must be the lowest spec GS I've ever seen. Lots of things missing that I'd consider essential for a GS.

safrane

PDC is an easy retro fit. Dicky did my second 4200 system for me for less than £300 painted.
Never use my heated seats...car is for summer.
I like the seat/fabric mix on the car
But no HID lights...can't understand why these were a cost option on a top of the range car.
Miles for a 2005 car are fine...its only 5500 per year or about a hundred a week!

Price is excellent as long as there are no issues...inspection required guys.

Andyk

That must be the lowest spec GS I've ever seen. Lots of things missing that I'd consider essential for a GS.

Seats, steering wheels, engine, four wheels, brakes........The the essentials on it for me.........:wink:

The interior is very distinctive and I believe this car was for sale last year or early this year as there was one for sale at a dealer in the same colour combination...

hilts uk

10% cheaper than any other GS on the market so seemed to be priced to sell. No Skyhook though?

conaero

Forum Owner
Well, it looks very good on the face of it, but as we all know, you have to see these cars and within 5 seconds of seeing them, you know if they are a wrong'un.

The mileage is above the "magical 50k" where they do seem to drop plus its not an LE and the interior is a bit marmite. For a tech cloth car I like it and think it works better than most and it probably the best combination I have seen.

So in my book if we were to take a none LE car with 49k on the clock I would put that to sell at around £24k, add in the slightly higher mileage and bingo, its priced correctly at £23k in my book.

The dealer knows its the end of the year and does not want to hold it till spring and has priced it accordingly.

So if it were an LE, taking into account the time of year, you can generally add £3k to that figure which would put it at £26k and if it had 10k miles less on it, add another £2-3k, so in my book it is prices correctly any anyone in the market should give it serious thought and aim to claim it at £22k.

Remember there were a couple of blue ones this time last year, one with grey leather but 80 or 90k miles on it that was up for late teens if my memory serves me right and was in very good condition.

So the downside is, you stick another 10-15k miles on it over 2 years and your left with a car worth £18k, making a loss of £4k, where if you spend more, buy an LE with late 30's and sell it just below it reaches 50k, you would only lose a grand I recon, so in my book if your worried about resale, its always best to spend more on a GS than less. Its worked out nicely for me so far!

BRR

I find all the talk about the spec of the car being important a bit odd, when i purchased mine the only essentials were that it was mechanically sound and backed up with the right history etc, I bought the car to drive not to play around with gadgets that were mainly outdated when the car was made let alone now.

I'm not sure what options mine has over base spec, i know it's not much though as it has tech cloth and no xenons but i couldn't care less, i use the car for fun only. if the car was my daily drive and i did a lot more miles then maybe some of these "essential" options would matter to me

jayblue

When i was looking for my car i had a few extras i knew i wouldn't be able to do without. I wanted the leather interior and the Auditorium sound upgrade, to which i could add an uprated head unit to improve the sound quality to an acceptable level. As it turned out the car i got has the majority of the LE spec fitted anyway. Like Matt said i personally dislike the tech cloth interiors i have seen but find the burgundy one in this car ok.

Other than that the other extras are nice but i wouldn't really miss them if they weren't there. I never trust the PDC and rarely drive in the dark so don't miss the Xenon's. I find the heater warms up so quickly that the heated seats are largely redundant and i have only used the cruise control on the way back from Scotland with the car!

Also for those who are on a relatively limited budget this is the first GS in a few months to come up at less than 23k. If it passes inspection i would be surprised if it doesn't find a new home soon. Even if the new owner was to loose 4k in the next 15,000 miles surely that still represents pretty strong residual value, especially considering the enjoyment the car will give them in the meantime. GS prices seem to be holding up extremely well so depreciation should not be a major factor in the buying decision. As many people say you have to pay to play.