Contactless TPS.

jluis

It seems to require some soldering and breaking of the case to get it done.
The sensor itself seems to be the same manufactured by Sacer for Volvo.
I don't know if it's a different part number for the Maserati, but I guess an email to Sacer will get you the answer you need.
It also looks expensive, as you will need 2 of these.

Instructions for the volvo unit here:
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/166108-sacer-tps-install-instructions/

The instructions should be the same for the Maserati, but I don't know if any software adjustment is required to the unit after it's done.

Contigo

Sponsor
It needs fine tuning with the correct equipment apparently so best left to the pro's who know how to set them up properly.

davy83

I know the guy at the Maserati shed makes some changes to the main body electronics to get the contactless sensors to work? So it might not be a simple drop fit. anyone tried it?

jluis

If you only use one unit you are trowing away the redundancy of the system. As for setting itself, as others have pointed out, it will probably need adjustments.

conaero

Forum Owner
Mike says its tricky to fix but he would say that.

I recon you could feck it up if you don't know what your doing but follow the instructions and you should be fine.

The hardest part is drilling out all the anti tamper filling.

allandwf

I would have thought it would need some sort of calibration, zero setting etc. on completion. It is my next job to get done, along with the pedal pot, hence my interest.

jluis

Reviving this old thread.
Has anyone got around at fitting one of these?
I read the instructions for the Volvo version and it's pretty straight forward.
The only tricky bit is to align the magnet in order to get approximate voltage readings as the ones taken BEFORE the old sensor is taken out.

I'm just wondering if I should not buy one of these sensors for when my sensor goes out, as I'm keen on replacing it myself.

Maybe a group buy if someone else is interested?

Robbe

another revival attempt!
Is the 3200 version different is this respect compared to the Volvo? As with the Volvo it is sort of plug and play...no measuring or positioning needed...

MUC3200GT

hm, I would be not that sure about the doubts, the hall sensor is just a replacement for a variable resistor.

The calibration is done by the ECU (so which voltage/resistance is happenung at full/no throttle) there is a procedure described in 3200 workshop manual (and was also already posted here) . The redundancy comes from the 2 way hall sensor.

There are many fairytales told on highly priced cars....

Lusso916

Sent mine to Mike Roberts, Maserati Shed, with postage both ways and unit fixed I was off the road 2 weeks, I refitted it and great job, no more revving itself up to 2000rpm.

Mott The Hoople

Sent mine to Mike Roberts, Maserati Shed, with postage both ways and unit fixed I was off the road 2 weeks, I refitted it and great job, no more revving itself up to 2000rpm.

Mike did mine too, with great results. He won't do one that's previously been bodged though. It may not work and then he'll get complained about on this forum.