Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contactless TPS.

I would have thought it would need some sort of calibration, zero setting etc. on completion. It is my next job to get done, along with the pedal pot, hence my interest.
    60/75

Reviving this old thread.
    Has anyone got around at fitting one of these?
    I read the instructions for the Volvo version and it's pretty straight forward.
    The only tricky bit is to align the magnet in order to get approximate voltage readings as the ones taken BEFORE the old sensor is taken out.

I'm just wondering if I should not buy one of these sensors for when my sensor goes out, as I'm keen on replacing it myself.

Maybe a group buy if someone else is interested?

another revival attempt!
    Is the 3200 version different is this respect compared to the Volvo? As with the Volvo it is sort of plug and play...no measuring or positioning needed...

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Quite different!
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Contigo View Post
    Quite different!
    Turbocharged Italian Super Car in not like Swedish work horse shocker

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

hm, I would be not that sure about the doubts, the hall sensor is just a replacement for a variable resistor.

The calibration is done by the ECU (so which voltage/resistance is happenung at full/no throttle) there is a procedure described in 3200 workshop manual (and was also already posted here) . The redundancy comes from the 2 way hall sensor.

There are many fairytales told on highly priced cars....

Sent mine to Mike Roberts, Maserati Shed, with postage both ways and unit fixed I was off the road 2 weeks, I refitted it and great job, no more revving itself up to 2000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusso916 View Post
    Sent mine to Mike Roberts, Maserati Shed, with postage both ways and unit fixed I was off the road 2 weeks, I refitted it and great job, no more revving itself up to 2000rpm.
    Mike did mine too, with great results. He won't do one that's previously been bodged though. It may not work and then he'll get complained about on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12